• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone have the tool to remove the rear sights on an m1 carbine?
    Or should I just do how Idid the 10/22 and bang away with a mallet to get them off?
    Been tapping for a bit and no budge. Hum....
    Got me new rear sights today but these current flip sights don't want to 'divorce' fro the rifle

I thought you were Catholic, you don't believe in divorce. I'm guessing the sights are Catholic too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I thought you were Catholic, you don't believe in divorce. I'm guessing the sights are Catholic too.

Raised catholic, went kicking and screaming to church. Still go kicking and screaming to church. I don't agree with church on 95% of the stuff.

So how do I get these sights off?
    Youtube is failing me right now as I only see how with some tool that is like a press-push.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Raised catholic, went kicking and screaming to church. Still go kicking and screaming to church. I don't agree with church on 95% of the stuff.

So how do I get these sights off?
    Youtube is failing me right now as I only see how with some tool that is like a press-push.

Mourdock says you should embrace the sites as god intended. Ohhhhh Mourdock....I hope you didn't just get a Dem elected from IN.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think my blood sugar just ran out.
    Finally finished the camera job (smashed by crane), sat down.
    Nausea, tunnel vision, tinggley (sp?) fingertips, NAUSEA, spots in vision, and did I say NAUSEA.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I bought a used 835 today from a cute young lass. Got it home, opened it up and almost threw it away in disgust. I don't think anyone ever cleaned this gun. There was sand, dirt, and oil packed into every crevice, corner and hole. Took me 4 hours, a pint of Hoppes, and 200 q-tips to get her completely clean.

On the upside, I learned how to completely take down and reassemble the trigger assembly. Tons of fun.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I bought a used 835 today from a cute young lass. Got it home, opened it up and almost threw it away in disgust. I don't think anyone ever cleaned this gun. There was sand, dirt, and oil packed into every crevice, corner and hole. Took me 4 hours, a pint of Hoppes, and 200 q-tips to get her completely clean.

On the upside, I learned how to completely take down and reassemble the trigger assembly. Tons of fun.

Just throw that thing in the shower. You would've been better off.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I did end up soaking the trigger box in alcohol to loosen some of the grit. But it's the "waterfowl" edition, with the wood furniture. Don't wanna get it any wetter than it needs to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom