Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sounds like someone should have gotten a Blythes gift certificate.

Is there such a thing as a Blythe's Gift Card? :dunno:
    I'm being serious cause next year for the Meet & Shoots we are back to no INGO gifts as our stash of loot (hats) is done and I have 2 patches left and just keychains. So I'm thinking of going back to the $5 gift card idea we did in 2011.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone hear anything on their hams about a holdup at the tech credit union on ridge and Cleveland street in Gary??

I picked up something on my bacon, but the ham has been silent. I think it was the pepper that spoke up, it was a bit harsh, so not suitable for family listening. Then again, I've got some Bavarian ham and some Sugar Cured ham, silent but tasty.

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Stopped into Cabelas with a new production Detonics MTX CombatMaster to buy a holster. WHAT A CLUSTER that was.

I actually understand that they need safety precautions, I totally get that they don't want people saying excuse me while I whip this out. But 20 minutes to check in and get up to the gun counter, where a less than helpless man couldn't find a holster for a 1911 pattern gun to save his life . . . I walked out after a 40 minute ordeal with ever picking up a single holster to look at because I was so disgusted with the process.

But they all were coon fingering my gun, not a single person who saw it had ever heard of the brand. And I expect that from the young'uns, but for guys who claim to have been in the gun culture for years, its a pretty established high end brand from the 70's and 80's. Granted it faded for 20 years, which, like I say, explains why the punks and gangsta's know nuttin about them.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in my store. Unfortunately, Cabela's employs no one to run guns. Someone from the gun counter has to stop what they're doing to come get a gun from the front door. When the counter is stacked with customers, there's simply no one available. Next time, phone first. Call and ask if we have what you have. Your gun is a rare bird, but in most cases Cabela's already has the same gun in stock, or a reasonable facsimile. When I hear "Gun needs to go up for a holster" come over the radio, I'll ask what model it is. If I have one, I'll tell em to put their gun back in their car and use the floor model.

Can't promise that I'll have a railed, 3" double stack 1911 in stock, but ya never know. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience in my store. Unfortunately, Cabela's employs no one to run guns. Someone from the gun counter has to stop what they're doing to come get a gun from the front door. When the counter is stacked with customers, there's simply no one available. Next time, phone first. Call and ask if we have what you have. Your gun is a rare bird, but in most cases Cabela's already has the same gun in stock, or a reasonable facsimile. When I hear "Gun needs to go up for a holster" come over the radio, I'll ask what model it is. If I have one, I'll tell em to put their gun back in their car and use the floor model.

Can't promise that I'll have a railed, 3" double stack 1911 in stock, but ya never know. :dunno:

I got there shortly after the store opened. Very few people in the gun department, I saw one guy at the NICS desk, nobody at the gun counter. Heck the parking lot was nearly vacant.

FWIW, there is NO difference in holsters from a single stack to a double stack. While Detonics is a rare brand, it fits any 1911 holster. It was simply an OWB railed 1911 that I was looking for. Didn't care if it was a slide, paddle, etc.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I'm being serious cause next year for the Meet & Shoots we are back to no INGO gifts as our stash of loot (hats) is done and I have 2 patches left and just keychains. So I'm thinking of going back to the $5 gift card idea we did in 2011.

Yes, they do. I got my dad one years ago for Christmas, and I got one this year for my birthday. They might be store location specific, though. I'm not sure.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I picked up something on my bacon, but the ham has been silent. I think it was the pepper that spoke up, it was a bit harsh, so not suitable for family listening. Then again, I've got some Bavarian ham and some Sugar Cured ham, silent but tasty.

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

The reason I asked is I was getting money out of the ATM and when I left I saw several police officers behind cover at the front of the bank with either shotguns or AR-15's. I didn't stick around to find out. I'm just glad I didn't go in to get money like I was originally planning on.:welcome:

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I got there shortly after the store opened. Very few people in the gun department, I saw one guy at the NICS desk, nobody at the gun counter. Heck the parking lot was nearly vacant.

FWIW, there is NO difference in holsters from a single stack to a double stack. It was simply an OWB railed 1911 that I was looking for. Didn't care if it was a slide, paddle, etc.

In that case, I don't know why it took so long. As of Sunday I know we had a railed 1911 that would have been a perfect test subject.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

Yes we do have Blythes Gift Cards.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In that case, I don't know why it took so long. As of Sunday I know we had a railed 1911 that would have been a perfect test subject.

Because it's not a store issue but a melensdad issue. Notice how he also had a bad experience at bylthe's griffith. :rofl: Isuspect he is just bad luck period.

@sadclownwp
    Are the bythe's gift cards valid at both locations?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    18-25 years olds are NOTHING but trouble so NOT worth it.
    I prefer they be younger than I when I'm searching for a long term thing.
    I'm only 26.

Figure that one out.

I only really open the older door when I'm just looking for ass, but I got that out of the system for now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone have the tool to remove the rear sights on an m1 carbine?
    Or should I just do how Idid the 10/22 and bang away with a mallet to get them off?
    Been tapping for a bit and no budge. Hum....
    Got me new rear sights today but these current flip sights don't want to 'divorce' fro the rifle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom