NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I survived my visit to the downtown Christkindlemarket with my wife today. Jedi was right, lots of people and overpriced stuff. Still, it was fun and felt good to get back downtown after a nearly two-year hiatus. I recommend going on a weekday which is manageable compared to attempting it on a Saturday. Of course, she had to go to Macy's to see the Christmas tree in the Walnut room. She always went there with her mom every year while growing up in Hammond. We had not been downtown since the Wu Flu but it didn't take long to remember how people drive in the city.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I survived my visit to the downtown Christkindlemarket with my wife today. Jedi was right, lots of people and overpriced stuff. Still, it was fun and felt good to get back downtown after a nearly two-year hiatus. I recommend going on a weekday which is manageable compared to attempting it on a Saturday. Of course, she had to go to Macy's to see the Christmas tree in the Walnut room. She always went there with her mom every year while growing up in Hammond. We had not been downtown since the Wu Flu but it didn't take long to remember how people drive in the city.
    so u r da reason jedi bus broke down!

U shifted the balance of too many indiana peeps in chriaqi. :rofl:

Did you at least get some good pizza?
    Or get us some Chinese bread?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    so u r da reason jedi bus broke down!

U shifted the balance of too many indiana peeps in chriaqi. :rofl:

Did you at least get some good pizza?
    Or get us some Chinese bread?

No good pizza or Chinese bread. I got overruled on having lunch elsewhere and had to settle for a bratwurst and warm apple cinnamon wine. Also brought home a box of strudel and some roasted nuts. Wife bought a few Christmas ornaments.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    loser-hand-sign-vector-25169406.jpg

You did not even get to eat at the walnut room! Sigh.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for tthe well wishes, all.

This is moving at light speed. I expected to have a full month to stash cash.

I got the appointment last week, had the consultation yesterday, labs and Dr's OK tomorrow, Pre surgery Monday, Covid test Tuesday and surgery on friday.

I hope to be back to work the next Monday.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Going Saturday. We have a room booked a block away. The kid's elf is bringing him Polar Express tickets for that evening.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Old man pains this morning. Hurt to get out of bed. Hurts to sit in a chair. Hurt to walk down the stairs. I had a new fencing student yesterday for the 2 hour high school practice. Then I went to teach a 2 hour advanced beginner class in the evening. I think I pulled, twisted or strained every muscle in my body. Anyone want to bring me a bath tub sized tube of Ben-Gay?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bob, I feel your/my pain.

We are literally boomers and are paying for ouy misspent youths.

The younguns here will understand one day.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yup. It must be a bad time for autoimmune issues. Picked up some clothing I bought on FB marketplace, and the lady and I shared our Fibromyalgia woes. My back has been hurting a lot, but the thing with me is the fatigue. I just can hardly drag myself. Had to go grocery shopping yesterday, and that didn't help.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Years and years of abuse. 7 years in the Army jumping out of airplanes, running, jumping. crawling &ct. 40 years in construction trying to out work, out lift and carry more than anyone else.

Hard work.

Athletes say, "Give your body for the game". I have never been much of an athlete, I "Gave my body for the job".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom