NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @ZurokSlayer7X9 & @Brian Ski

Long thread about Starlink:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Was there an update on what happened?

Some articles said suspect shot at cops. Others said it was cross fire between cops.
    The story I read it was NOT friendly and I think that’s supported since I heard it was a .38 special I’m sure I have more info than most but I don’t know what the immediate family wants released. He was my cousin and we had been to many childhood bday parties together. And ironically we just reconnected some pretty recently offered to take me and my kids duck hunting sad stuff. I have lost a lot of people this year.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The story I read it was NOT friendly and I think that’s supported since I heard it was a .38 special I’m sure I have more info than most but I don’t know what the immediate family wants released. He was my cousin and we had been to many childhood bday parties together. And ironically we just reconnected some pretty recently offered to take me and my kids duck hunting sad stuff. I have lost a lot of people this year.
    Yes, you have. :(

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sorry for your loss cg21. Have had is family (includes you apparently) and colleagues in my prayers.

It is Awesome that he will live on thru others via being an organ donor

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Like I said we weren’t incredibly close as of late but we did talk recently. I wouldn’t pretend like that. what I am having a hard time getting over is his two little kids at home. Much different than when you read about this happening at far away place

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Like I said we weren’t incredibly close as of late but we did talk recently. I wouldn’t pretend like that. what I am having a hard time getting over is his two little kids at home. Much different than when you read about this happening at far away place
    Family is family, no matter how close you are.

I didn't know him but yes, the 2 little kids left without their dad is heartbreaking to say the least. As it should be to anyone with a heart.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I doubt it will beat fiber when it comes to speed and cost. I'm pretty sure it's $120 a month after around $500 for the router, and I can't imagine it's possible for a sat connection to be faster than fiber optics.
    Yea I agree. Curious where is sits on the scale of speed. I have just standard and really don't do much streaming. I did a quick test. I thought it was faster before, but I haven't tested in a long time.
    speed test.JPG

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well that was a fun debate.
    Absolutely awful. She was allowed to lie about everything and give word salad answers and no one called her on it not him or the moderators. He would say “you’re lying” and not anything else ….. and moderators would ask her a question and she’d ramble about something completely different and never get checked. But never fear SHE HAS A PLAN. She made that very clear. What that plan is? No one knows. And why she won’t share it with her boss to help better the country now or 3.5years ago I guess we will never know.

I know this isn’t the politics thread….. but to be fair I didn’t bring it up just giving my 1 minute response. :laugh: :lmfao:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Debate was 3 vs 1.

2 moderators kept asking Trump about the past, kept 'fact checking' Trump (9 times), but never fact checked Harris, never challenged her flip flops. Moderators were awful.

Harris didn't fail, so she did better than expected.
    Trump didn't score and outright win, so therefore he lost?

In reality we learned nothing. Due to the abject failure of the moderators/ABC News.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Speed tests are not very useful.
    They may not be very accurate, or speeds vary. but seem to be an indication of what you have. Years ago when when download speed was under 1 meg it did indicate a problem. It gave me something to pass along besides my word the internet is slow.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They may not be very accurate, or speeds vary. but seem to be an indication of what you have. Years ago when when download speed was under 1 meg it did indicate a problem. It gave me something to pass along besides my word the internet is slow.
    Kind of. The ISPs game the system. My old ISP would allow higher speeds long enough to complete speed tests, then the speed would plummet. Results can also vary according to which one you use.

Top Bottom