NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My wife's 2015 Acura TLX has no spare tire or tools. It came equipped with a tire inflating pump. I have never looked at it but I assume it plugs into the accessory power port. After 7 years of ownership, I should probably familiarize myself with it.
    Yep. It also should have a can of something to inject into the tire to temporarily plug a flat.

Of course that doesn't help if you have a more serious issue. I had three flats with those care. One I used the goop to get myself to get a new tire, the other two I had to use roadside assistance and get towed.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Toro didn't provide hardcopy manuals with my recent lawn mower and snowblower purchases so I downloaded the .PDF versions from the Toro site this morning. I took the extra step of printing them to put them in a binder. Did I just make a boomer move?
    Did you send a complaint letter, by USPS, to Toro first?

Did you print on one side only, or print both sides?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This actually looks like one I walked down one day in the 70's.

My buddy and I hitched a ride to the top of the Coranado National pary that overlooks the Mexican border in Arizona.

We figured on hitching a ride down too, but didn't meet a car going in that direction until we got to the bottom.

We ran all the way down. In those days it was gravel, not paved.
    screenshot_20211120-081241_facebook-jpg.168544

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That also looks like a lot of the roads in Central California. We drove out there with our travel trailer around 15 or so years ago to visit one of Mom's friends up in the mountains. I was literally traumatized. I still can barely tolerate narrow roads with a dropoff and no shoulder.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Toro didn't provide hardcopy manuals with my recent lawn mower and snowblower purchases so I downloaded the .PDF versions from the Toro site this morning. I took the extra step of printing them to put them in a binder. Now I'm wondering, did I just make a boomer move by choosing not to access them on my phone?
    :facepalm: boomer move 4 sure!
    But when China emp us at least you can read your manual unlike the genZ that won't on their phones.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    New manufacturer trick is selling a car without a spare/jack/lug wrench or any of the components to hold them down in the trunk. Most dealers don’t even mention it and you find out when you get a flat

We had a 2014 Dodge Caravan with No spare tire - "reduced weight for better fuel economy" - had a cheap 12v Air Compressor and a can of chemicals ( Fix-a-Flat ? )

Luckily never needed it - traded in on a Honda Odyssey that had a Legit Spare

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My parents had to work to help feed their families. School would have been a luxury. My Dad got his G.E.D. after WWII, when his employer offered raises to all their employees with a HS diploma. The employer offered a class to help you pass the test, my Dad passed without the class. He didn't want to wait to start getting the extra money, which I believe was 10 cents an hour. He also was in the WPA in Washington State during the depression.

I will admit that I had it very easy compared to my parents. Walked just a couple of blocks to school or rode a bus.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, I already get Midway USA emails daily.
    Only works if you have Facebook.
    If you enter just your email address they keep it and put you on mailing list but to win prize that email must be linked to Facebook.

It's in the fine print of there rules.
    ******!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Toro didn't provide hardcopy manuals with my recent lawn mower and snowblower purchases so I downloaded the .PDF versions from the Toro site this morning. I took the extra step of printing them to put them in a binder. Now I'm wondering, did I just make a boomer move by choosing not to access them on my phone?
    You can never know if you'll find it later, or be able to easily read your cell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom