NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    One of the biggest mistakes I made when we moved into this house 12 years ago was replace the washer and dryer. I had a 7-8-year old 'middle of the road' Maytag set. No computers, nothing fancy, but always got the clothes clean. Saw a sale at Lowe's on Samsung and decided to splurge on a fancy set (front loader, steam, etc). Bought a $2000 set on sale for $1300 and sold my old Maytags to a friend for a couple hundred bucks. Ended up hating those Samsungs. Front loader washer was a PITA and always stunk, steam settings didn't work, had to do repairs on the electronics of both the washer and dryer. And one of the things I hated the most was that I could not hear when the load was done. There was a little electronic tune similar to the sound of one of those stuffed animals where you press on it's paw and get music. Couldn't even hear it in the next room, so my clothes sat in the dryer and got wrinkled after the tumbling stopped. When the washer broke down for a second time, I got rid of them and bought the simplest Whirlpool set I could find. Top load, simpler controls, nice loud buzzer when the dryer stops. Still electronic, but hopefully more reliable.
    Old people!

The new washers/dryer connect to wifi. You use your phone to get notifications and/or start the load.

What does tv call ya...

B00mers. :p

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Old people!

The new washers/dryer connect to wifi. You use your phone to get notifications and/or start the load.

What does tv call ya...

B00mers. :p
    Does he now? Or it is CTC calling us boombers?

Wifi washers and dryers? No thanks. I don't need my whole house to be smart. (Although I did invest in some smart plugs, and the one I'm using is really nice. I can lie in bed and say "Alexa, turn on the fan".)

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Speaking of screwed up deliveries...

Ordered some stuff from Fruit of the Loom (t-shirts and shorts for me, capri pants for Mom). Some of it did not fit so I had to return. I took the package to the post office on August 18 and it has not made it there yet. It was one of those "Smartpost" (ha) USPS/FedEx combo deals. Check out the FedEx tracking. You have to click on expand history to see it all.

Took it 8 days to get from USPS in Crown Point to FedEx in Mississippi. Then it went from Mississippi to Georgia to Mississippi to Arkansas to Tennessee to Mississippi, where it apparently is now. Notice at the top that is says "No scheduled delivery date at this time". Need to call Fruit of the Loom and FedEx tomorrow to see what is going on. Fortunately it's only about $25-30 worth of merchandise, but I'd still like to get it straightened out.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Speaking of screwed up deliveries...

Ordered some stuff from Fruit of the Loom (t-shirts and shorts for me, capri pants for Mom). Some of it did not fit so I had to return. I took the package to the post office on August 18 and it has not made it there yet. It was one of those "Smartpost" (ha) USPS/FedEx combo deals. Check out the FedEx tracking. You have to click on expand history to see it all.

Took it 8 days to get from USPS in Crown Point to FedEx in Mississippi. Then it went from Mississippi to Georgia to Mississippi to Arkansas to Tennessee to Mississippi, where it apparently is now. Notice at the top that is says "No scheduled delivery date at this time". Need to call Fruit of the Loom and FedEx tomorrow to see what is going on. Fortunately it's only about $25-30 worth of merchandise, but I'd still like to get it straightened out.
    About like stuff I get from a Chicago suburb goes to Indy back to Hammond and on to Hobart. Went by my house ( by 65 and 94/80) twice to get delivered.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I really don’t understand how usps is still a thing, they lose MILLIONS every year consistently. I’m glad they are, I fix their trucks and they pay like crazy, but there time has to be limited.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really don’t understand how usps is still a thing, they lose MILLIONS every year consistently. I’m glad they are, I fix their trucks and they pay like crazy, but there time has to be limited.
    They actually lose BILLIONS, almost 4 last year. They paid over $10B in pension and retiree medical expenses.

Congress made them pre-pay into the account for retirement medical expenses, which has consistently kept them in the red since the law was passed.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    They are like our biggest customer. I hope they are in businesses, draining the system with subpar performance for years to come.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They actually lose BILLIONS, almost 4 last year. They paid over $10B in pension and retiree medical expenses.

Congress made them pre-pay into the account for retirement medical expenses, which has consistently kept them in the red since the law was passed.
    This!!!
    There is no way they can ever make a profit or break even based on how congresses forced them to do their accounting.

It's not how any business accounting in the real world could work.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    They are like our biggest customer. I hope they are in businesses, draining the system with subpar performance for years to come.
    can't argue there, i likely make $20k of my annual salary from postal vehicles, they just bought 111,000 mercedes transit type vehicles to replace the s-10 luv's here shortly. just waiting on microchips most likely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom