NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait... wait...

R ya offended by that float?

That float is awesome from a construction point of view! Have any of you actually had to build a float, let alone one with limited materials which in this case is popcorn and its corn like products.

This float had smoke coming out of it as well to give it a better effect rhusbwhy then holes so the smoke can come out and actually be seen
    All it was missing was some fire like lights.

jedi has worked on floats and it's an engineering nightmare to get it all working and still have space for people and stay within weight and budget.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Saw Tom today. He got discouraged by the multi-authenticate hassle and has not been on since. I told him they removed it, so you'll probably see him soon.

- Someone laugh-emojied this, so I just gotta say:

Hey, I was a little discouraged too, because, you know .... boomers. Picture this if you will - I shake myself awake, pull on my camo-robe and old Cabellas cap, and slippers, turn on the coffee, grab my Notepad thingy, head to the throne room to start the 3-S's. Get comfortably seated, pull up my always open tab (open since 2016) on said NoteThingy, and BOOM ... must do this and that for morning INGO fix. Work to find my 2016 password, etc ... Now mind you, this is before even one sip of coffee ... quite tramatasizing, as I'm sure you'll agree.

OK, carry on.

Oh, and I think that Tower float idea must have come from a child, no offense meant to children, in general.

Oh, and in my story above, in between all that activity, I believe I picked up and fondled at least one 1911 and a CZ Shadow.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    4th) But work is going full press ... Systems Repairmen leaving

Fixed it for you. Systems Repairmen Leaving can't be a good or safe thing. My understanding is that there is not a next generation of young guys to take over for the older guys leaving. They are not trained on the old style controllers and equipment that keep the mill running smoothly. At least that's what I've been told.

Well, after I leave, it's no longer my problem.
    Kinda like a divorce.

And, you are correct.
    They are getting worried.
    Yet still making the same mistakes.
    So, I've decided my "give a ****" low level alarm is flashing.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Welp, that explains all the sheriff's department screaming past soccer practice. The coach's kid pointed saying there goes Daddy, and sure enough we got the unofficial 411 after practice:

Driver killed in head on with semi on US 20 late this afternoon The driver of a passenger vehicle died late this afternoon, Monday, Sept. 13, after colliding head on with a semi-tractor trailer on U.S. Highway 20, the Chesterton Fire Department is reporting. The victim has not yet been identified, although Fire Chief Eric Camel said that he does not believe the man to have been a resident of Indiana. The crash occurred at approximately 6 p.m. between Brummitt Road and C.R. 200E. All lanes of US. 20 were still closed as of 8:15 p.m. tonight and Camel said that U.S. 20 could remain closed until midnight, due to the logistics of righting the semi, which turned over onto its driver’s side. At 7:41 p.m., Camel added, the CFD dispatched its aerial truck to the scene to assist with the removal of wreckage from a tree. The Porter County Sheriff’s Police is investigating the accident, and Sgt. Ben McFalls, PCSP public information officer, said that it’s unlikely a statement on the crash will be a released until Tuesday morning, Sept. 14. More information as it becomes available.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What makes this, in my mind, even worse is that the major elements of the floats have to be covered in popcorn so...you guessed it, the towers are covered in gray, painted popcorn. The list of names- great, I mean seriously- stick with that theme, or have replicas of the towers without the craters and smoke- we all know what happened.
    It made TMZ.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    - Someone laugh-emojied this, so I just gotta say:

Hey, I was a little discouraged too, because, you know .... boomers. Picture this if you will - I shake myself awake, pull on my camo-robe and old Cabellas cap, and slippers, turn on the coffee, grab my Notepad thingy, head to the throne room to start the 3-S's. Get comfortably seated, pull up my always open tab (open since 2016) on said NoteThingy, and BOOM ... must do this and that for morning INGO fix. Work to find my 2016 password, etc ... Now mind you, this is before even one sip of coffee ... quite tramatasizing, as I'm sure you'll agree.

OK, carry on.

Oh, and I think that Tower float idea must have come from a child, no offense meant to children, in general.

Oh, and in my story above, in between all that activity, I believe I picked up and fondled at least one 1911 and a CZ Shadow.

Yup at some point in life one stops caring about technology and just wants stuff to work like it's always worked before.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wait... wait...

R ya offended by that float?

That float is awesome from a construction point of view! Have any of you actually had to build a float, let alone one with limited materials which in this case is popcorn and its corn like products.

This float had smoke coming out of it as well to give it a better effect rhusbwhy then holes so the smoke can come out and actually be seen
    All it was missing was some fire like lights.

jedi has worked on floats and it's an engineering nightmare to get it all working and still have space for people and stay within weight and budget.
    Offended? Nope.

Having an opinion does not equate to being offended.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Eh on the float, seen way worse. Decent idea executed poorly. Problem is too many people have forgotten. So many don't remember that day, nor all of the horror that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom