NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, Monday I'm calling to make an appointment to start the process of my retirement.
    I've got questions to ask, and forms to file.
    I'm shooting for last day of work Dec 30. 5 weeks vacation. Then never go back.

Depends what comes of the meeting.

Course, after taking the stairs cause the elevator ALWAYS breaks on a weekend, I want to leave TONIGHT.
    appointment made.. for next week.
    Person is off for "isolation". Great. Oh, that's right, I've survived it so far.

Mostly, I just don't want to wait.
    Last night, I was ready for today to be the last day, and I still might have 108 days to go.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Last night, I was ready for today to be the last day, and I still might have 108 days to go.
    When you get close to the date it's real important to watch out and stay focused when at work. Too easy to zone out, bad things can happen when you are not in the moment in the mill.

If you stack up the time you've put in against what you have left it gets easier to get through the last of it. You are 99.99 % of the way done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When you get close to the date it's real important to watch out and stay focused when at work. Too easy to zone out, bad things can happen when you are not in the moment in the mill.

If you stack up the time you've put in against what you have left it gets easier to get through the last of it. You are 99.99 % of the way done.

3 danger times at work.
    1st) new hires. Don't know the dangers to even recognize them. Not used to danger, therefore don't take them seriously.
    2nd) after 10 years or so. Knows the various dangers. Recognizes the dangers. But.. starts to disregard the dangers. Contempt for something that's experienced day after day. Like people that stop being scared of cars, do something stupid, and then crashes the car.
    3rd) people in the last 6 months of their employment. Especially the last month.
    A man on his last week had a Big Cat (Caterpillar) back up, right over him. Looked like a frog squished on the road.
    An ex boss of mine. Last Day Of Work. Fell from a crane.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, I know I'm 99 percent done.
    But I'm at the point where I NEED TO LEAVE NOW.
    But I'm trying to wait.
    But work is going full press to justify me leaving. Which is why there is a domino effect of Systems Repairmen leaving.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    3 4 danger times at work.
    1st) new hires.
    2nd) after 10 years or so ... starts to disregard the dangers.
    3rd) people in the last 6 months of their employment.
    4th) But work is going full press ... Systems Repairmen leaving

Fixed it for you. Systems Repairmen Leaving can't be a good or safe thing. My understanding is that there is not a next generation of young guys to take over for the older guys leaving. They are not trained on the old style controllers and equipment that keep the mill running smoothly. At least that's what I've been told.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who?

Why?
    Popcorn Festival parade.

Porter County Republican Party.

So we....don't forget?

A float that features the twin towers (maybe better versions) with the "We will never forget", sure. Makes sense- the jr. high art project impacts and smoke effect....just no. There are so many more tasteful ways of getting the point across. Pictures of those killed, something honoring first responders. So many options....

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Popcorn Festival parade.

Porter County Republican Party.

So we....don't forget?

A float that features the twin towers (maybe better versions) with the "We will never forget", sure. Makes sense- the jr. high art project impacts and smoke effect....just no.
    Ah, the Reb Party. That was what I was wondering.

The float looked pretty lame. I couldn't make out what most of it was actually. Now I understand there were planes impacting the buildings.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ah, the Reb Party. That was what I was wondering.

The float looked pretty lame. I couldn't make out what most of it was actually. Now I understand there were planes impacting the buildings.
    Another picture.

1631564495607.png

What makes this, in my mind, even worse is that the major elements of the floats have to be covered in popcorn so...you guessed it, the towers are covered in gray, painted popcorn. The list of names- great, I mean seriously- stick with that theme, or have replicas of the towers without the craters and smoke- we all know what happened.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Another picture.

View attachment 158155

What makes this, in my mind, even worse is that the major elements of the floats have to be covered in popcorn so...you guessed it, the towers are covered in gray, painted popcorn. The list of names- great, I mean seriously- stick with that theme, or have replicas of the towers without the craters and smoke- we all know what happened.
    No holes or craters would have been my choice. Just the two towers and the list of names.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom