Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm outta the loop on something...:n00b:

I used to build rifles and run Internet sales for a small gunship, the owner retired so I went to Blythes to do some transfers. Now with the gunshot background I had, I know what it takes to do some things like transfers and such. Blythes outright lied to me, not once, not twice, but three times about transfers alone, then went on to explain several other things to me, slowly so a simpleton from south of 30 can understand, that were bald faced lies. Now the fact that I had insider knowledge of the bookkeeping at a gunshot is something I didn't disclose to them. But if they treated me that way, then I suspect they do it to everyone, with a smile on their faces and the tone of sincerity in their voices. Practiced liars?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I used to build rifles and run Internet sales for a small gunship, the owner retired so I went to Blythes to do some transfers. Now with the gunshot background I had, I know what it takes to do some things like transfers and such. Blythes outright lied to me, not once, not twice, but three times about transfers alone, then went on to explain several other things to me, slowly so a simpleton from south of 30 can understand, that were bald faced lies. Now the fact that I had insider knowledge of the bookkeeping at a gunshot is something I didn't disclose to them. But if they treated me that way, then I suspect they do it to everyone, with a smile on their faces and the tone of sincerity in their voices. Practiced liars?

Eh, I have a strict "don't ask the gunshop employees a question unless I'm bored" rule. They can lie to me all they want.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm outta the loop on something...:n00b:

Note this ONLY applies to Blythes in Griffith for melensdad. While Blythes has 2 location there are run by different members of the same family and each store does what it wants.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I had to risk my life driving through the ghetto today. 80/94 was a mess, so I took indi down to 30. :eek::eek:

And I was unarmed, since I was on my home from Chicago.

Welcome to my M-F life! I did go outta the norm, tho. Today I stopped for gas at the Witham's before 80/94. Some of those guys were creepy.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    But, but, but you really wanted diesel :rockwoot:

Then again I'd pick he Navigator too!:yesway:

Are you going to be around the lounge Thursday? I'm taking my nephew to the range to get some shot gun practice in Friday morning.

Also I have a some decisions to make regarding a couple new firearms. I plan on buying 2, just not sure what. So I need some help deciding what I should add to the family.

Currently I only have:

The infamous Ruger SR1911
    Xdm 40
    Hi-Point 40 (somewhere)
    Desert Eagle .50ae
    S&W 500

I'm undecided on these current
    Big bore/fun guns:

S&W 460
    Ruger 480
    Taurus Judge
    S&W Govenor
    S&W 29

Regular/carry guns:

Sig P226 in .40
    Ruger GP100
    1911(brand undecided)
    Anything in a .40 besides a Glock

In a perfect world I'd like to add one from each category, but am not opposed to both being in the same category.

So what say you my NWI brethren?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Anybody want to split a case of .45? AIM has Federal Estate for 14.95 a box. Works out to 324 with shipping for 1000 rds. So $162 for 500 rounds.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Anybody want to split a case of .45? AIM has Federal Estate for 14.95 a box. Works out to 324 with shipping for 1000 rds. So $162 for 500 rounds.
    I'm gonna leave this up for 15 minutes, I don't want to sit on it too long since deals like this don't last at AIM

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

hhhmmmm .32 per round. Sounds about right for factory brass. But you know if you reload it's only .10 to .17 per round. :whistle:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, I need to get the shell plate and dies for .45 ACP, I only have the .44 Mag stuff right now.

I need to build up my brass stockpile anyway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait til you KABOOM your 1911. It won't seem like such a bargain. :whistle:

1911 do not go KABOOM that is only GLOCKs :puke:. 1911 go
    12.jpg

:laugh:

& besides that is what I have you and lonehoosier for. So ya that test the reloads my children slave over the bench working on. :rockwoot: :rolleyes::D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Oh no... a plastic 1911 with no safety.....

Say it's not true....

Jedi has been very carefull with his reloads, I know I was over there, of course I had to show him the trick about putting clear packing tape around the cracked casings so you can get one more reload out of them.... Oh, dangit I said that out loud...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Blastsemy......

Reloads don't go kaboom, people not attentive to what thier doing at the reloading table go kaboom...

Just saying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom