• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I dropped off some scrap metal today at the recycle place in Cedar Lake. As I got out of the truck I spied a Stack On gun safe. They sold it to me for 30 cents per pound and with it weighing around 278 lbs I was happy with the deal. Of course there is a hitch and it is locked and without the combo. I went to Stack On website and they have a form to fill out to get the combo, but you need to prove that you are the original buyer. I emailed customer service to see if there is any way to get the combo and I will probably hear from them early in the week.
    In the meantime I need to start looking into plan B. I did some googling and it looks like some locksmiths have to drill it out requiring new parts. It also looks like some locksmiths are capable of picking the safe and obtaining the combo, that is the way I would prefer to go.

Its a little scratched up but looks to be in good exterior shape. There are no exterior marks indicating that anyone had broken into it. If anyone has heard of a safe being stolen id be anxious to cooperate with the cops, otherwise I hope to end up with a decent safe at a bargain price.

So does anyone have a line on a good local locksmith?

PM sent.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Sitting behind one of those, I know I felt like I could take on any kind of human wave assault. Of course, you would be praying that it wouldn't jam. Nothing like the thunk, thunk, thunk of the gun firing followed a few seconds later by the boom, boom, boom of the detonations downrange.

Downside ... first time firing one at MCT, the instructor pounded into our heads that we were to call him in case of a jam. The week prior, a student experienced a jam and was attempting to clear it when the round detonated in the open breech. Killed the instructor (he was runnning towards them to stop them from messing with the gun) and student. Seriously wounded a couple other students.

Yea, that was always fun too. Never liked those too much. Loved the 203, and favorite weapon of all time, the M2 .50 Ma Deuce. Nothing like shooting that beast, at anything.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah, but you can actually carry an M60 with you.:rockwoot:

When I first joined, I carried the 60, and that was a blast as well. Did not like the 249 as much. But, since we usually used vehicles to get everywhere, we always rolled out with our crew served weapons mounted.

mildotmadman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    citadel tactical solutions what a scam!!!

found out that mike slaninka is a total scam artist he said he was in special forces come to find out he is an ex-con or a current con that really pisses me off for some one to lie about service to this great country is lower than low and an insult to those who have and to be a ex-con is the icing on the cake for cake eaters!!!:draw: Mike slaninka is the owner of citadel tactical solutions in michigan city aka wardog outiftters!!!

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    found out that mike slaninka is a total scam artist he said he was in special forces come to find out he is an ex-con or a current con that really pisses me off for some one to lie about service to this great country is lower than low and an insult to those who have and to be a ex-con is the icing on the cake for cake eaters!!!:draw:

HI, welcome to the Northwest Indiana INGO group. Interesting first post. Who the heck is Mike Slaninka and why should we know him?

Oh by the way, you may want to join us at our next Meet, Eat & Shoot. The Northwest Indiana INGO group gets together every month from March to November at the Winamac shooting range. Next shoot is at the end of this month.

mildotmadman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    sorry did not post all the info

sorry did not tell everyone that mike slaninka is the owner of citadel tactical solutions (aka wardog outfitters) in michigan city 2020 e us 20 sorry will be more informative nextime!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe a link to something detailing what you are talking about?

It was in the Hammond Times onlines edition and a thread here on INGO a month ago I think. The ATF raided the gun shop in MI City. They were not selling guns (yet) I don't think. Something to do with his application to be an FFL or perhaps it was his wife/family member that was trying to apply for the FFL but he (owner) was listed on the biz ownsership and he is a prior felon I think. I don't know the full story & will try to find a link later.

----EDIT-----
    Some of our members have been to the shop to buy holsters and other gun items (not guns) and they liked what they saw, the good level of customer service, etc. I think darkkevin and t_star were up there recenlty for holsters BTW.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It was in the Hammond Times onlines edition and a thread here on INGO a month ago I think. The ATF raided the gun shop in MI City. They were not selling guns (yet) I don't think. Something to do with his application to be an FFL or perhaps it was his wife/family member that was trying to apply for the FFL but he (owner) was listed on the biz ownsership and he is a prior felon I think. I don't know the full story & will try to find a link later.

----EDIT-----
    Some of our members have been to the shop to buy holsters and other gun items (not guns) and they liked what they saw, the good level of customer service, etc. I think darkkevin and t_star were up there recenlty for holsters BTW.

I remember the thread, but could not find it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    O rly? I've been looking for another 1911 holster besides my Serpa. Side note: I've noticed with a lot of the different holster brands, 1911 holsters cost $5-15 more than the ones for other guns. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with quantity of leather either. Some enterprising douche in the company figured out that 1911s cost more on average than other handguns, so they charge more based on "they can afford it hawhawhaw"

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Does anyone want to shoot 3 gun in Niles, MI on 7/15/12? I have spare gear if you don't.

I'd set you up to run one of my x-5 pistols, SCAR L, FN SLP.

You would have to bring 150 rounds of 9mm, .223, 2 slugs (I've got a few extra ) of 12ga, and 100 rounds of 12ga #7 shot.

Can carpool with 6 adults.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom