Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    wahoooo, finally got power back. So, will be taking awhile to catch everything back up. Without power over a day, went to Blythes cause they have AC and cool new guns for me to drool over. Actually, fell in love with another 2, one pistol, and one rifle, had to leave before the heat made me do something that i would be paying for, for awhile, haha

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It sound like the 4th of July all over again in Hobart. At least the dogs are not freaking out.

Live in hobart also and have one dog that doesn't the the sound of any fireworks, have to give her a pill to calm her down. At least the war zone is starting to slow down with less noise and people running out of money as gas went back up again.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    wahoooo, finally got power back. So, will be taking awhile to catch everything back up. Without power over a day, went to Blythes cause they have AC and cool new guns for me to drool over. Actually, fell in love with another 2, one pistol, and one rifle, had to leave before the heat made me do something that i would be paying for, for awhile, haha

But since you've been without power your NIPSCO bill will be lower so you'd be able to afford those guns!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I might be looking at making that trip to Jasper-Pulaski this coming week since we're due for a cold snap. My invite still stands for anyone not planning on making the July 29th Meet & Shoot. How about it? ... the NWI INGO Rifle Team?

If we could get there early enough and shoot through the match, we might be able to catch the tail end of the M&S.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I might be looking at making that trip to Jasper-Pulaski this coming week since we're due for a cold snap. My invite still stands for anyone not planning on making the July 29th Meet & Shoot. How about it? ... the NWI INGO Rifle Team?

If we could get there early enough and shoot through the match, we might be able to catch the tail end of the M&S.

I'd be down to meet you at JP for some shooting. But I am already going to the meet and shoot, but if you want to train me on appleseed that would be cool too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no crap, people who voted for that far out did not think it through.

And there are only 2 weeks until the Aug meet.

@sadclownwp
    It was because of you (primarly) that we have to vote so ffffaaarrr in advance for a SUN event remember. :)

So don't come crying when they are so ffffaaaarrr apart. ;)

@KLB
    Do agree that it's a cRaZy schedule between the JUL & AUG but part of the reason is that we have some members that can ONLY make SATs and some SUN so it's those members that are voting for their "month" (SAT or SUN) and not really looking at the time span between the SAT/SUN/SAT/SUN events. As to them they are only coming out once every other month.

Those of us that come to both are thus in the 'sea of either to close or too far aprat' that this creates.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    But since you've been without power your NIPSCO bill will be lower so you'd be able to afford those guns!

I wish, but at least now I know what they are, they are both popular models, so even if they are not there, they are easy to find others about the same. Was a Sig Tactical 1911 with rail, and a S&W M&P 15 Tactical (really loved the set up on this one, and the sights were the ones i loved), but like I said, those will both be around, or you know, maybe they will feel bad for me, and just give me them for Christmas or something

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    @nipprdog
    :facepalm:

u r doing it wrong. You are from NWI where we are corrupt as sin! You are suppose to bribe the voting committee and/or rig the voting system to ensure you go. Come on have we taught you nothing! :faint: :D

:lol2:

... or you could pick up a Mk19 and offer to bring it to the shoot. :D

If I had an MK19, they would offer to bring the shoot to me. :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

I'm off Friday morning. I wouldn't mind getting out for an hour or two.
    I need to get my irons sighted in.

I love some instruction from Wild Deuce on the ways of the rifle.

Who do you people use for transfers? Please include fees paid.

I use Front Toward Enemy. $20 for rifle/pistol/shotgun transfers. $45 for suppressor/mg/SBR transfers.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm off next Friday too, if you want to zero @ 100yrds or less give me a shout. Got the perfect bench for you! :D

Friday sounds good and you're a heck of a lot closer than J-P. I'll check with Turnandshoot4 to see what he has in mind and get back to you. I might still want to get my M14 out and stretch it's "legs" at the J-P 200 yard line. Thanks.

I just need to confirm zero for standing, kneeling, and sitting at fifty yards.

I will need to confirm zero for sitting at a bench (no bags or rests) and kneeling at 100 yards.

I would probably skip the kneeling at 100 yards since IIRC, your berm isn't that high. I trust my abilities but there's no need to open up that liability can of worms. The bench dope should be almost identical anyway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can't you transfer it for Jedi then?
    Thanks for the replies.

:facepalm: :nono:
    1) This is borderline of a straw purchase
    2) This is now on the internet in a public place
    3) Neither Jedi nor any of the "license holders" are going to do this

I don't have a license but my understanding is if you get one you can only use it for items you plan on buying for yourself and only yourself.

The grey area becomes okay say you buy gun abc today. And 1 year from now you don't want it you sell it to John Doe. Is this OK?

What about if you buy today and sell in 6 months? Is this OK?
    What about if you buy today and sell in 1 week? Is this OK?
    What about if you buy today and sell in 1 day? Is this OK?

As you can see the grey area is the time between your purchase and you selling again. There is no FIXED time from the law and my understanding but it takes on the reasonable approach and what flavor of the month ATF is on. 1 day. 100% a :nono:. 1 week I still say a :nono:. 6 months hum... borderline. 1 year OK but not if you show a pattern of doing this.

:lol2:

If I had an MK19, they would offer to bring the shoot to me. :D

mk19a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8i9KsNfPOU
    Did not know such a toy existed.

Me I would like to fire an MG-42 one day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa9nl9jIni4
    & if I win the lottery owe one of course.

I love some instruction from Wild Deuce on the ways of the rifle.

Yup turnandshoot & WD peas from the same pod.
    :wwub:;):D:laugh:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Jedi,
    The MK19, is pretty nice weapon, but it uses a different lube then the entire rest of the arsenal that we have, and is also kind of labor intensive. That being said, there is nothing like lighting an area up with multiple grenades. That is one of the main weapon the MPs mount on the trucks, so if you have a question, i do know a bit about it

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Jedi,
    The MK19, is pretty nice weapon, but it uses a different lube then the entire rest of the arsenal that we have, and is also kind of labor intensive. That being said, there is nothing like lighting an area up with multiple grenades. That is one of the main weapon the MPs mount on the trucks, so if you have a question, i do know a bit about it

Sitting behind one of those, I know I felt like I could take on any kind of human wave assault. Of course, you would be praying that it wouldn't jam. Nothing like the thunk, thunk, thunk of the gun firing followed a few seconds later by the boom, boom, boom of the detonations downrange.

Downside ... first time firing one at MCT, the instructor pounded into our heads that we were to call him in case of a jam. The week prior, a student experienced a jam and was attempting to clear it when the round detonated in the open breech. Killed the instructor (he was runnning towards them to stop them from messing with the gun) and student. Seriously wounded a couple other students.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just hope they fit well, and don't squeeze my brain box to the point of painful uncomfortable-ness like the cheap-o simple winchesters we have. :n00b:

Of the ones I tested, these provided the least amount of overall "squeeze". The headband fit me such that it provided much of the support, so the earcups didn't have to (if that makes any sense).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom