Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    :rockwoot: Just cleaned all my guns, except the Ruger, how relaxing. Until I forgot how to put the Desert Eagle back together, took me 5 minutes then I was like that was easy. I figure I'll let someone else have the joy of cleaning the infamous Ruger.

That being said, I'll be at the 1101 Thursday and it'll only cost you $1 to break it down, $1 to clean it and $1 to reassemble the Ruger SR1911. That way more people have the opportunity to handle the infamous Ruger. Now if your greedy and want to take part in all three steps I'll offer an INGO discount of $1 off, so a total of $2 to disassemble, clean then reassemble the one, the only infamous Ruger SR1911. If by chance you happen to dent the ceiling you get your money back.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Christ, this is like pulling teeth.

Are there specifics to your problem with Mike Slaninka?
    Or is this just "I heard this from here an that from tere but have no idea what I'm really talking about."

Serously a lot of people have had good experiences at Citadel. You're going to need to post more info about how he did you wrong and kicked your best dog if you expect more of a response than :dunno:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol, I may have to. Got it broke down in a few seconds. Spent 15 minutes cleaning and oiling. Now 20 minutes later I'm still trying to put it back together. The last step is what kills me, everything else is easy. I'll give it a couple more minutes then I'm giving up.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    :rockwoot:

I did it!!

I took a step back, smoked a cigarette, then I inspected everything very closely. I realized I was trying to get from a to c while skipping b during the last step. I was inserting the bushing then trying to compress the spring before turning it counter clockwise all the way. I was leaving it to the right then trying to compress the spring. Then turning counter clockwise to seat the bushing.

After close inspection I noticed the grove went further then needed. Thereby making me realize my downfall. You must seat the bushing then turn counter clockwise all the way, then compress the spring only then do you turn the bushing clockwise to seat the spring and bushing properly. Ingenious design, ingenious I tell you. I'm back to loving 1911's.

Bypassing the 1 simple step can break you. Now I want, no, I need more 1911's.
    :rockwoot:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Christ, this is like pulling teeth.

Are there specifics to your problem with Mike Slaninka?
    Or is this just "I heard this from here an that from tere but have no idea what I'm really talking about."

Serously a lot of people have had good experiences at Citadel. You're going to need to post more info about how he did you wrong and kicked your best dog if you expect more of a response than :dunno:
    What I find interesting is that all four messages posted by a brand new member are in this thread bad mouthing a company. How did they even find this thread? Why not start one with their complaint?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    What I find interesting is that all four messages posted by a brand new member are in this thread bad mouthing a company. How did they even find this thread? Why not start one with their complaint?

And that my good man, is what doesn't smell right.
    I dare say foul play.

Rep for you ol' chum.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Come on Andy, it's really not that hard to disassemble and reassemble it. You should have it down already. I had it figured out after the second time. :D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    This was actually the second time I've tried. My plan was to keep shooting it until it was so filthy it wouldn't work anymore. But then I ponyed up and knocked it out, next time ill do it blind folded, lol.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man I love shooting 1911's, but cleaning them is for the birds. This sucks, nothing peacefull about putting it back together.

This was actually the second time I've tried. My plan was to keep shooting it until it was so filthy it wouldn't work anymore. But then I ponyed up and knocked it out, next time ill do it blind folded, lol.

You know that is why we have YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufd6W1a2NHc
    :D

But it's not really that hard once you do it a few times. Just take it apart again and re-assemble and do it again and again.

Now a Ruger Mark III .22 is a ***** pain in the **** to do and I **** hate having to **** take it apart because I end up **** a ton of **** words and having to watch several **** youtube videos over and **** over and still the **** piece of **** gives me trouble.

Ok I'm **** tired now on that rant. :D

I wrote him off as a rube when he failed to use proper punctuation.

Give the new member some time to give his respond but I will agree it sounds rather strange that his/her 1st post was in our NWI INGO status thread, no intro post, and then the other post where more of the same. :dunno:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    blah, blah, blah...
    Now a Ruger Mark III .22 is a ***** pain in the **** to do and I **** hate having to **** take it apart because I end up **** a ton of **** words and having to watch several **** youtube videos over and **** over and still the **** piece of **** gives me trouble.

Ok I'm **** tired now on that rant. :D
    Give it to me, problem solved.:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom