Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Good day to ride in the left lane:

"Heads up to drivers coming from Illinois, a massive pothole just past the Torrence Ave exit on 80/94 Eastbound has caused hundreds of flat tires today and wheel damage. The pothole is located in the second lane from the right. Chunks of concrete can be seen on the shoulder area near by as well. It’s unknown when IDOT will be there to patch it."

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    On my 1st and only AR pistol (so far), I've recently put on a SBM4 brace. Havn't shot it with the new brace yet, but it seems much more sturdy than the one that came with it. Here's a pic before I put the new brace on. I don't recall what I paid, but it was under 200 with the tube and everything. I did manage to lose the spring for the pin that holds the innards in the tube, even knowing that it was going to go boiiiiing!

View attachment 82945

I have a 300 BLK pistol that I built and yeah I think I paid even less than that.

The GHM is its own thing though

View attachment 82962

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Day two of my aquatic fitness class at the Y. I think it's going to help me a lot. I can move a lot better in the pool than I can on dry land.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, that was fun.
    Got to play fire fighter for awhile.

Ladle burned through. Molten steel spraying out. Igniting natural gas lines, anything wood, grease, pretty much anything.
    Actually wasn't TOOOO bad.
    But now we have to check and find all the burned up equipment, controllers, and cable runs.
    :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good day to ride in the left lane:

"Heads up to drivers coming from Illinois, a massive pothole just past the Torrence Ave exit on 80/94 Eastbound has caused hundreds of flat tires today and wheel damage. The pothole is located in the second lane from the right. Chunks of concrete can be seen on the shoulder area near by as well. It’s unknown when IDOT will be there to patch it."

Oh so the small pothole is NOW a big crater hu?
    It's been there for a while just growing and growing..

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Day two of my aquatic fitness class at the Y. I think it's going to help me a lot. I can move a lot better in the pool than I can on dry land.

My wife and I have had a Planet Fitness membership for years but I missed having the pool at LA Fitness where I had access to the pool.
    B/C of my arthritis and continuing restriction of movement, I joined Get Fit, just to get a pool again.
    I'm hoping swimming will help fight the encroaching arthritis & slow the loss of movement in the neck, shoulders & back.

What's funny, is that they have these fitness classes for "old people' that I go to 4 days/week, and I am faced with the reality that my body is older than my mind. :laugh:
    I can't even stand for the whole hour to gently exercise, but fortunately some of the exercises are done from sitting in a chair. :fogey:
    Monday is Tai Chi: love it! I still can barely make it out to the car afterwards though. :ugh:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Well seeing it as your average mill worker has worked there ~15 years, had worked every single bit of OT they could, possibly averaged ~$125k/yr so that's about $1.7 million dollars that worker has made there, factor in the 2 divorces, the 3 kids, the gambling habit..... Their probably worth - $25.93.....

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Well seeing it as your average mill worker has worked there ~15 years, had worked every single bit of OT they could, possibly averaged ~$125k/yr so that's about $1.7 million dollars that worker has made there, factor in the 2 divorces, the 3 kids, the gambling habit..... Their probably worth - $25.93.....[

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Larry has been hiding some personal info.

2Q==

red_3db67da0-b5eb-421c-84ac-cae80f92d72a_large.jpg

theKids2.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well seeing it as your average mill worker has worked there ~15 years, had worked every single bit of OT they could, possibly averaged ~$125k/yr so that's about $1.7 million dollars that worker has made there, factor in the 2 divorces, the 3 kids, the gambling habit..... Their probably worth - $25.93.....

:hehe:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    U will be steel mill melted dead!
    But she is very peeeerrrtttyyyy.
    It's like looking at the flame in a firepit and being memorized by it, ppppeeerrrtttyyy but dont touch cause it will turn badly!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom