• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Dasha ended up in 55th place today. She got knocked out by the #1 ranked girl 12-15 in the Direct Elimination bouts. She went into the event ranked 67th in the nation for Div-1. She will move up a couple points in the national rankings.

Not bad for a high school kid who is getting better every year :rockwoot:

This event is a huge event as it is one of the few Olympic qualifying events and earns fencers international competition points for 'world' events. Our olympians and our national team members were at this event too. Plus the top NCAA college fencers too. Female fencers peak in the late 20's to early 30's. Dasha is only 18 so she won't peak for another decade.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'll probably be able to pay off the GHM9 next week and it's already gonna cost me more money, like $200-300 more for the brace and adapter. I have to look again I don't even think that's side folding or anything. The "official" PDW style one costs even more, like $600.

Funny side note: GHM stands for "Grasshopper Mouse" which is apparently some kind of rodent that eats scorpions. Heh

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hadn't been on in awhile. Early work mornings and everyone passing around sickness, ugh.
    Take care all.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The sickness hasn't made it to our mill yet. I see co-workers sneezing or coughing here and there but I think that's just from the crap and dust in the air and a lot of them are smokers.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'll probably be able to pay off the GHM9 next week and it's already gonna cost me more money, like $200-300 more for the brace and adapter. I have to look again I don't even think that's side folding or anything. The "official" PDW style one costs even more, like $600.

Funny side note: GHM stands for "Grasshopper Mouse" which is apparently some kind of rodent that eats scorpions. Heh

On my 1st and only AR pistol (so far), I've recently put on a SBM4 brace. Havn't shot it with the new brace yet, but it seems much more sturdy than the one that came with it. Here's a pic before I put the new brace on. I don't recall what I paid, but it was under 200 with the tube and everything. I did manage to lose the spring for the pin that holds the innards in the tube, even knowing that it was going to go boiiiiing!

IMG_0496 rotated.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've got a few weather models showing rain Thursday and Friday then turning to Ice friday night then roughly 3-5" of snow for Saturday.

Guess we shall see

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom