• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    yeah you could get a cheap setup, but your going to have to install them yourself because nobody is going to craw around in your ceiling and professionally install them for free where they will actually capture something that happens. Oh and the cheap ones will let you know if the guy was dark skinned or really bright skinned and they may let you know if they were male or female...

The good stuff is going to cost you... but I get 1080 HD quality of what those thugs looked like as they broke your door down and came in to your business like locust at 2am...

Now I totally agree that government has no business of telling you how to run your business or what you have to buy.... but I'll bet they will write this one like they wrote the fire alarms/extinguisher ordinances before it...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    yeah you could get a cheap setup, but your going to have to install them yourself because nobody is going to craw around in your ceiling and professionally install them for free where they will actually capture something that happens. Oh and the cheap ones will let you know if the guy was dark skinned or really bright skinned and they may let you know if they were male or female...

The good stuff is going to cost you... but I get 1080 HD quality of what those thugs looked like as they broke your door down and came in to your business like locust at 2am...

Now I totally agree that government has no business of telling you how to run your business or what you have to buy.... but I'll bet they will write this one like they wrote the fire alarms/extinguisher ordinances before it...
    What do you consider to be expensive? I picked up a NVR with six IP bullet 4K cameras for $750. Installing IP cameras is not hard, especially in a store with dropped ceilings. Even Jedi can run cabling for Ethernet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    hum....
    sounds fishy but im surr its legit.
    more likely a marketing canpaign to get new customers.
    who who is going or know where 3xaclty this place is at?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well of course it is marketing. There is nothing wrong with that.

Free food and free range time is a good draw.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I was going to open a business, I would have cameras. They are relatively inexpensive today. Of course they need to be installed in a location that is useful, which is where a lot of businesses fail.

A .gov agency has no business telling anyone they have to install them though.

That's my point.
    I would probably have them.
    But it's not their business, or duty, to make me.

I'm tired of the Big Brother mentality.
    There is nothing so evil, as that done "for your own good."

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Took my son to the Washington Park Zoo (mainly so the wife could weed the gardens without his 'help'). Got back to a 7" high pile of mail that was on hold at the Post Office while we were gone. :faint:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Junk, magazines, junk, junk, bills, junk, flyers, junk, loan payment book with 1 page :rolleyes:, the resuming in the 2nd book, junk...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom