• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Its probably been a decade since I actually shopped at Sears.

Sears stores are typically located in shopping malls. I detest going to a shopping mall. Hence I don't shop at Sears.

I used to shop at the Sears Hardware Store. It was a small stand-alone hardware store, located next to 3 big-box style home good stores. Loved it. The plumbing department was staffed by a real plumber. Electrical dept was staffed by an electrician. Etc. I could go in there, get what I needed, get advice on how to install it, and get out without having to visit a "home center" and deal with the crowds or, worse yet, without having to go to River Oaks or Southlake mall.

Sadly the Schererville Sears Hardware Store closed a few years ago.

About 2 weeks ago I discovered Sears In-Vehicle Pickup combined with Sears.com.

I'm probably late to this party.

But it has made shopping for Sears Craftsman tools easy again. I do have to drive to the mall, but I don't have to fight the crowds or grief or ever get out of the car. They have designated spots, pull in the spot, hit a button on their "app" on your smart phone and, guaranteed within 5 minutes, a guy will walk out to your vehicle, load your stuff for you, and off you drive without any grief.

They do have free shipping on SOME items, etc so they have some way to compete with Amazon, but its not quite as good. But if you WANT IT TODAY they have the IN VEHICLE PICK UP option that is great. I'm seeing this as available at more than just Sears but I've always been a fan of CRAFTSMAN hand tools, garage door openers, etc.

50 years ago I waiting for the mailman to bring the Sears WISHBOOK and the annual Sears & Robucks Catalogues. I'm a customer of Sears again, thanks to their website. They should have done this 10 years ago.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Sears stores are typically located in shopping malls. I detest going to a shopping mall. Hence I don't shop at Sears.

I used to shop at the Sears Hardware Store. It was a small stand-alone hardware store, located next to 3 big-box style home good stores. Loved it. The plumbing department was staffed by a real plumber. Electrical dept was staffed by an electrician. Etc. I could go in there, get what I needed, get advice on how to install it, and get out without having to visit a "home center" and deal with the crowds or, worse yet, without having to go to River Oaks or Southlake mall.

But it has made shopping for Sears Craftsman tools easy again. I do have to drive to the mall, but I don't have to fight the crowds or grief or ever get out of the car. They have designated spots, pull in the spot, hit a button on their "app" on your smart phone and, guaranteed within 5 minutes, a guy will walk out to your vehicle, load your stuff for you, and off you drive without any grief.

They do have free shipping on SOME items, etc so they have some way to compete with Amazon, but its not quite as good. But if you WANT IT TODAY they have the IN VEHICLE PICK UP option that is great. I'm seeing this as available at more than just Sears but I've always been a fan of CRAFTSMAN hand tools, garage door openers, etc.

50 years ago I waiting for the mailman to bring the Sears WISHBOOK and the annual Sears & Robucks Catalogues. I'm a customer of Sears again, thanks to their website. They should have done this 10 years ago.
    We used to send people to sears parts direct because it was cheaper for a part and shipping sometimes then what we could offer at the part store. Granted, that closed, but it was because of Kmart closing the location. Our store was frequently one of the top nationwide. Granted, tools were mostly regular Sears and not us. We were just parts.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We used to send people to sears parts direct because it was cheaper for a part and shipping sometimes then what we could offer at the part store. Granted, that closed, but it was because of Kmart closing the location. Our store was frequently one of the top nationwide. Granted, tools were mostly regular Sears and not us. We were just parts.
    Spent a lot of money on their rebuilt power tools and dented tool boxes. Sorry to see Sears closed the store on RT 30 and moved to a downsized one at the old Kmart on RT 30 and Broadway for a short time.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    GB weather on the way. Think I'll mow tomorrow morning before balls soup weather is in its prime.

Saw a rabbit in the neighborhood, so I sprinkled fox urine granules around the gardens. My son disapproved. Lol

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, guys. Really trying to stay in/near Crown Point. Would like either part time (short days) or something close enough to come home at lunch and check on mom and let out the dogs. Bonus if I can drive Mom to her volunteer job at the hospital because I don't know how much longer she'll be driving.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

Lowes just started carrying the craftsman brand recently. The one here in Merrillville has order online store picked. While I don’t think it’s delivered to your car, there is a small kiosk right inside the door for only pickups. Seems like it would be pretty quick. I like craftsman, but I’ve been buying a lot of Lowe’s Kolbalt brand, which is well made.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But not open stock items. They have tool sets and some selected items. If you need 20 screwdrivers they have those sets. If you need 1 specialty size you are out of luck. Lowes only seems to carry about 15% of the Craftsman branded stuff.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    On the 4th of July shoot thing CerberusTS is putting on, I'll probably be down there for a little while...

Hey what date did you guys want for Schoops... Was it saturday or sunday ? She finally got back to me and I forgot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom