Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife to wants to paint the kid's room (which she hasn't taped off yet, nor did she account for having enough tape), hang things, install things, etc. and says she'll be done by 11:30am (starting at 7am). :rolleyes:

For those wondering, it is past 11:30 and not even 1/2 of the room is painted with the 1st coat.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Get my wife over there. She (and I) can paint a whole room, 2 coats plus touch ups in about 2-3 hours. No tape, no drop clothes. She does the trim work, I roll the walls.

NOW you tell me. :) I am possibly the world's 2nd worst painter, so I do everything but. It took a while to move stuff, tape off things, and tape off lines for the top part of the room and bottom (all laser leveled) for a strip in the middle for train graphics.
    I came home, after dropping the kid off at preschool, to her complaining of how hard it was to remove shelves and such from the wall that I had anchored down. Can't wait to see all the marred & stripped screws. :rolleyes:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Oh that sounds delightful. We painted the new nursery a month or so ago in one evening. Probably 5 hours total including taking breaks for drying, to rest, and eat dinner. We are debating painting all the trim in the house. Its slightly off white, and in most rooms your can't really tell it from white, but in the nursery something with the light purple color we picked its REALLY off white. Its going to include all the trim, window frames, and doors. NOT looking forward to doing that OR paying someone to do it.

Maybe I can promise a box of ammo to anyone that comes and helps? I could probably get a handful of people and make really quick work out of it, right?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ask Joe for some pictures of his new gun room. I think he might of bought his racks, but it looks really nice.

Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for a way to store rifles and shotguns. The room I want to store them in is the size of a bedroom.

I have looked at gun racks that are screwed into the wall, they usually hold 3 or 4 long guns. I have also looked at racks that simply stand on the floor, the kind that Blythe's or South County has. This option looks more promising.

I have looked up the price on both rack types and they are expensive. Does anyone here know of a local woodworker that can build a rack for 20 long guns (mostly bolt action rifles, no scopes)? I do not need anything fancy, just something utilitarian.

If there is a better way please let me know, thanks. I don't plan on buying a safe, that will happen in a few years

Found the thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...l-gun-reloading-room.html?447678=#post7369868

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    NOW you tell me. :) I am possibly the world's 2nd worst painter, so I do everything but. It took a while to move stuff, tape off things, and tape off lines for the top part of the room and bottom (all laser leveled) for a strip in the middle for train graphics.
    I came home, after dropping the kid off at preschool, to her complaining of how hard it was to remove shelves and such from the wall that I had anchored down. Can't wait to see all the marred & stripped screws. :rolleyes:
    Wife wanted to take the kiddo to the trunk or treat. I voted no, but was outvoted. She said she could finish tomorrow morning while I watch the kid, I tilted my head, raised my eyebrows, and looked at her. She thought for a second and remembered the green light to go to the show tomorrow and trap shooting at GPIW...she is currently painting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom