Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought gubmint workers that were asleep on the job were the only ones who did no real harm to us ordinary citizens.

oh today i am destroying property and luving it. :)

technically saving you money by doing the carpertor work myself vs paying someone to do it. already ran the power and data myself as well.

Gubmint werker Keeping a GOOD MAN from feeding his family.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for a way to store rifles and shotguns. The room I want to store them in is the size of a bedroom.

I have looked at gun racks that are screwed into the wall, they usually hold 3 or 4 long guns. I have also looked at racks that simply stand on the floor, the kind that Blythe's or South County has. This option looks more promising.

I have looked up the price on both rack types and they are expensive. Does anyone here know of a local woodworker that can build a rack for 20 long guns (mostly bolt action rifles, no scopes)? I do not need anything fancy, just something utilitarian.

If there is a better way please let me know, thanks. I don't plan on buying a safe, that will happen in a few years

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for a way to store rifles and shotguns. The room I want to store them in is the size of a bedroom.

I have looked at gun racks that are screwed into the wall, they usually hold 3 or 4 long guns. I have also looked at racks that simply stand on the floor, the kind that Blythe's or South County has. This option looks more promising.

I have looked up the price on both rack types and they are expensive. Does anyone here know of a local woodworker that can build a rack for 20 long guns (mostly bolt action rifles, no scopes)? I do not need anything fancy, just something utilitarian.

If there is a better way please let me know, thanks. I don't plan on buying a safe, that will happen in a few years
    Ask Actaeon and Lone Hoosier, I know one of them helped out finding or getting those INGO rifle racks done. So, they'd probably need the idea/blueprints, and what wood, things like that

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    All you will need is some 2x4, 2 inch hole saw and a skillsaw or jigsaw. I think they only cost me $8 each to build plus my time.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yep, Jedi wood talk killed the thread. Whoda thunk it? :dunno: :p

Wife to wants to paint the kid's room (which she hasn't taped off yet, nor did she account for having enough tape), hang things, install things, etc. and says she'll be done by 11:30am (starting at 7am). :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom