Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People aren't taught civics growing up, most barely understand the Constitution, let alone read any document our country was founded on so they don't understand why taking away rights is bad, unless it personally effects them. This is why politians go after the kids and promise paradise, because those kids don't understand those concepts never work. If they did, prisons would be paradise

This.
    The public schools don't seem to teach government anymore.
    The Hows and the Whys.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    In many cases being an American has been cheapened just as being a Chicago Bear or a Detroit Lion means very little. Just a suit, some paperwork and a paycheck. Everyone moves here and there following work and money. Where's the common thread? There are open communists tearing up the streets and I don't think even abstract American ideals would bring people like this together.

Speak for yourself, that's not how I feel and I have been used and abused by both the government and the "system" so the man and the green weenie with no lube... You cut me I bleed red, white, and blue.... The ideals are abstract due to the 2nd part I quoted here, most are not educated to see what's what directly in front of their faces, they are born on 3rd base but spend their whole lives acting like they hit a triple...

People aren't taught civics growing up, most barely understand the Constitution, let alone read any document our country was founded on so they don't understand why taking away rights is bad, unless it personally effects them. This is why politicians go after the kids and promise paradise, because those kids don't understand those concepts never work. If they did, prisons would be paradise

I remember basic 101s in Middle school and High school, most of my teachers were prior military, 1 was a Vietnam veteran, USMC Colonel to be exact, a big push for me to join actually... My history teacher made sure we were taught every part of the bill of rights... Even in the midst of dealing with all the ghetto BS, I had some amazing teachers that were there the whole time, I just had to shut up and pay attention. Like I tell them, go profess our 1st world rights in a 3rd world country and see where they get them, stoned or worse...

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Speak for yourself, that's not how I feel and I have been used and abused by both the government and the "system" so the man and the green weenie with no lube... You cut me I bleed red, white, and blue.... The ideals are abstract due to the 2nd part I quoted here, most are not educated to see what's what directly in front of their faces, they are born on 3rd base but spend their whole lives acting like they hit a triple...

I remember basic 101s in Middle school and High school, most of my teachers were prior military, 1 was a Vietnam veteran, USMC Colonel to be exact, a big push for me to join actually... My history teacher made sure we were taught every part of the bill of rights... Even in the midst of dealing with all the ghetto BS, I had some amazing teachers that were there the whole time, I just had to shut up and pay attention. Like I tell them, go profess our 1st world rights in a 3rd world country and see where they get them, stoned or worse...
    I'm just reporting what I see. I'm glad you're normal despite your struggles and had a good experience in school growing up with inspirational teachers and mentors. I had old hippies as social studies and history teachers, and I've heard it's only gotten worse in school for subsequent generations. Makes me want to homeschool my kid.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I did the same thing for NIPSCO right? Their ESP plan, along with a water main plan too just in case. Well, enough said then brother man, use them for what you pay for monthly.... They can't weasel their way out of it then, just like insurance, in case shizze happens....

While I got home and fired up the furnace, I could not repeat the malfunction. The charred flame sensor gave it away though. She's running and purring like a kitten! He said on typical calls, the sensors tend to go out about this time of year, and motors tend to go out near the end of the season.

Asked him about how much a new furnace would be and off the top of his head said $2K-$2800 depending on the model and such. Seems reasonable as I have been looking around. TM Heating & Cooling out of Demote for reference did the work.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    in case of emergency, I have a propane heater that could keep a room warm for you.

:yesway: I got home and because it was sunny and not that windy, the house temperature was 60°. I was guessing it would be 53° when I left this morning after hitting the kill switch.
    I have a heater and a couple other options if it gets too bad, but it's nice to always have a back up for your back ups.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Teachers are only part of the problem. I'd say parents are the biggest problem for the youth. Again, they never learned and now teach their kids ignorance is bliss. I very distinctly remember both my parents (sadly yet another problem for lots of kids with only one) teaching me about respect, and giving me a love for history and firearms. Mostly about respect, especially for veterans and explained what it meant and why they did it. For me, I grew up looking up and respecting law enforcement, military and first responders because of their sacrifices. I understood that it's great to have a ton of money, but money doesn't make you a better person at all, nor will it be there like your family, to include military family. Granted on Sundays, I also remember WJOB used to play the Lone Ranger and the Shadow on the radio. Great shows showing good vs evil, good is very clearly good. Now, some of the good characters on TV are worse than the villains.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cool. Member #67.

It appears TSI done got himself banned.

:facepalm: for what? Granted s/he seems to be "too hot" in his post. The tone of them were just too much and he reminded me of another poster from long ago, savageeagle who got banned many many moons ago.

As for kids and school. Duh! Schools are "factories" to produce mindless workers so that those in power can continue to stay in power. That structure is needed if this society is to continue. Just like the egyptian had slaves and then the english etc... its all about control of the masses.

Its not called slavery now but its the same concept.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It appears TSI done got himself banned.

Yeah, his last post to bill was a tad over the top, but I can't see Bill banning someone that quickly just for that. It could have been a shill.

I did not interact with him because his demeanor was too hot for me. He did give a couple of you a good opening to rib me, so that was good. It is a shame that we most likely lost a Youth Shoot volunteer.

Thanks, to Woobie for the vote of confidence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom