Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I was irked that with the new rules meant a large decrease in range brass as they are now manned all day and they empty the cans at close. I would have to go in the afternoons in order to get a chance at bagging some brass. My wife has also been doing more shows and her business has been ramping up a bit this year so she's been out for the regular meets. I do have several handguns and red dots that need zeroed, but it is what it is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Initially (years ago) ... I got scared off by the unsafe gun handling at the M&S. I think that was during the first year you started doing the M&S. You guys put a quick lid on that and I came back for a few but Winamac was just too far ... especially when I would have to drive 40-50 minutes past Kingsbury or Jasper Pulaski.

Then I got hooked on shooting matches and I had to choose where to spend time and ammo. Somewhere in there, Appleseed got into the mix and M&S were definitely out.

Now, I'm almost exclusively about spending all my extra ammo and time on training. I've tried to get some of you guys to join me but no luck. I even tried bribery by offering to provide ammo, equipment, or even part of the registration ... still no takers. You can socialize and have just as much fun at a class as you can at the M&S. Everyone just seems allergic to training or scared of training.

I have seen your offers and I am sorry that I've not been able to make it. Please do not take that as any kind of snub. I just didn't respond since I couldn't take you up on it, for whatever reason at the time.

I come out to the INGO shoots more for the fun of being around friends that shoot

This^^^ I don't shoot as much ammo as breeze at INGO meets. It's about Community.

I absolutely hate the drive...

and the tow!

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I saw Kev and t-star at Off Square the other day. See some activity from some of the missing INGOers on the Book too. I haven't shot in some time due to buying a new house and all the stuff that goes with that, on top of a new job in March. We have family stuff booked almost every weekend, and on the rare off chance we are free it's usually housework or a lazy day.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know it is more difficult, but if we coulld make a pollof the available dates and go with the most for a given date.

NWI INGO April 2018 Meet & Shoot Poll
    This poll is posted onMarch 1, 2018 and will close on March 28, 2018
    It is a multiple choice poll.
    Please mark all dates that you are relatively sure (baring emergencies) that you can make it.
    The date that has the most INGOers sign up is the Date we will meet at Winamac.

POLL

• Saturday 7
    • Sunday 8
    • Saturday14
    • Sunday 15
    • Satyrday 21
    • Sunday 22
    • Saturdau 29
    • Sunday 30
    • BACON

That is how we use to do it in years 1,2 and 3. Its a lot of admin work behind the scenes. What i discovered after 3 years of doing it is that the 3rd weekend of each month was what most members voted for. Thus why years 4 and 5 are set dates.

You are more then welcome to poll the goup and do the leg work if you like. I dont have an issue with that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe that new indoor range in Merrillville will cut us a break if we get enough people to go.
    I haven't been by there yet, but for what most people do at M&S that range sounds pretty good.

Its not free and you will lose participation. Not to mention the m&s are more social eating, talking guns, smoking then actual shooting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We could always try for another meet and eat again. I've heard those had gone pretty well in the past.

The last one we had was set up on the spur of the moment BC Liberal01 (just ribbing) was coming through town. It was great.

I really think that we should plan on a M&E each time there is a Porter County Gun Show. We could set it up for Noon til two and those who want to go to the show early can come for lunch and go back if the wish, while others could come to lunch and go to the show afterward.

If we plan to do it every time I think it will catch on.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I went to Bass and Bucks today. That place it awesome!

It will be the last day of shooting for a long time. Until we hire and train my partners replacement.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    yeah Bass N Buck is awesome but a bit farther than Winamac... although if I have the time I've been known to hit Sand Burr saturday and stay the night in Rochester then hit Bass N Buck sunday and drive home that night... Some awesome shooting for sure... Shooting plates with handgun and pistol carbine saturday then out to 750 yards the next day...

mmmmmmmmm bacon....

might be back out to PB again tomorrow or the next day for some more 22 action...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, this morning already started great, my second alarm didn't go off and I slept in, I'll still be on time, but barely now. And no time for getting ready before work, just straight running in today. Joy. Oh well. At least I didn't over sleep too long.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is a fix for that. Get Old. I usually get ou to pee 15 minutes before my alarm goes off. so I just stay up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom