• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I am thinking of joining Point Blank, as a veteran for $30 a month you get.
    • Shoot at any Point Blank.
    • Free guest.
    • Free firearm rental. (must buy their ammo $10 box)
    • Schedule range time in advance.
    • 5% discount on [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] some merchandise. (excludes firearms and safes)
    I went by yesterday and and the place seems pretty nice, the employees seemed ok.

They have a lot of rental pistols (all puny 9MM)

ETA But can I afford enough ammo to make it worthwhile.
    And you are a fan of the .45.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm assuming our M&S's have been halted due to the DNR rules in place?

Not really.
    Ive been very busy at work and completely missed the july date and post. Right now i see that we have the next one scheduled for next sunday yet until the last 48hrs have barely been able to keep up with this thread let alone the rest of INGO. :(

I cant make next sunday right now. With GB out due to injury there goes another member. Lonehoosier told them he would not return while they have that sign up so he is out plus his shoulder injury still has him sidelined.

Bob, t-star and kevin have been mia for over a year now at the events. T-star and kevin have been doing more bike stuff as of late then shooting. Bob is traveling a lot.

Klb wont go unless the rest of us go so that puts him out as well.

Ghostofwinter and clif the earth swallowed them. Da snob was always a no show but once in a blue moon. So that leaves you and a few others that came off and on.

Oh larry is working all the time as well.
    :(
    Sadly this year has just not been good to us.
    I personally am still dealing with a ton of poop and its going to carry over into next year as well.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I also blame all the Sunday's which are pretty much a no-go for me. Plus, I've been out of town a lot for several weekends this year, but I've gotten out quite a few times downstate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I understand that it is designed to be fair but I do not see how it matters when no one shows up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh wait you mean the more sunday then sat?
    If so its because 2 years ago we had a slew of members and some could not make sat and others sundays.

Last year and this year i tried to keep the events going on auto pilot but as youbcan see the plane has fallen off course. :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not really.
    Ive been very busy at work and completely missed the july date and post. Right now i see that we have the next one scheduled for next sunday yet until the last 48hrs have barely been able to keep up with this thread let alone the rest of INGO. :(

I cant make next sunday right now. With GB out due to injury there goes another member. Lonehoosier told them he would not return while they have that sign up so he is out plus his shoulder injury still has him sidelined.

Bob, t-star and kevin have been mia for over a year now at the events. T-star and kevin have been doing more bike stuff as of late then shooting. Bob is traveling a lot.

Klb wont go unless the rest of us go so that puts him out as well.

Ghostofwinter and clif the earth swallowed them. Da snob was always a no show but once in a blue moon. So that leaves you and a few others that came off and on.

Oh larry is working all the time as well.
    :(
    Sadly this year has just not been good to us.
    I personally am still dealing with a ton of poop and its going to carry over into next year as well.

I want to go. But even with me actually being in the country this summer I've actually been doing a lot of traveling to central Indiana.

Ran into t-star one day in the Strack's parking lot. We hugged. It was a magical moment. She's not getting to shoots but I think its because she & Kev are busy with the new house, getting Kevin's fancy lawnmower stuck in a ditch, and doing motorcycle runs on the weekends.

Clif and Ghost are semi-active on Facebook so the world didn't swallow them, they are alive.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know it is more difficult, but if we coulld make a pollof the available dates and go with the most for a given date.

NWI INGO April 2018 Meet & Shoot Poll
    This poll is posted onMarch 1, 2018 and will close on March 28, 2018
    It is a multiple choice poll.
    Please mark all dates that you are relatively sure (baring emergencies) that you can make it.
    The date that has the most INGOers sign up is the Date we will meet at Winamac.

POLL

• Saturday 7
    • Sunday 8
    • Saturday14
    • Sunday 15
    • Satyrday 21
    • Sunday 22
    • Saturdau 29
    • Sunday 30
    • BACON

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know it is more difficult, but if we coulld make a pollof the available dates and go with the most for a given date.

NWI INGO April 2018 Meet & Shoot Poll
    This poll is posted onMarch 1, 2018 and will close on March 28, 2018
    It is a multiple choice poll.
    Please mark all dates that you are relatively sure (baring emergencies) that you can make it.
    The date that has the most INGOers sign up is the Date we will meet at Winamac.

POLL

• Saturday 7
    • Sunday 8
    • Saturday14
    • Sunday 15
    • Satyrday 21
    • Sunday 22
    • Saturdau 29
    • Sunday 30
    • BACON
    We used to do it that way. Didn't help much.

I think that overall the level of interest is just way down.

I know I find it hard to justify driving all the way to Winimac when I can just walk out back.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Maybe that new indoor range in Merrillville will cut us a break if we get enough people to go.
    I haven't been by there yet, but for what most people do at M&S that range sounds pretty good.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well this year I got hit with a lot of work and I broke my hand which has me still shooting 22LR in hand guns because my body sucks at rebounding from injuries. Still shooting 5.56 etc... in rifle when I get to go. Waiting on the Remy 700 to come back from getting a brake put on her which should increase range time with her... Although my reloading time is almost not happening because my hands suck still...

I totally missed the youth shoot, between work and hand problems... Realized it the weekend afterwards.

My work schedule is going back to normal at this point but the hands suck still... So I should be able to come back out if anyone else is going to go...

Blue Falcon, I've been down to the Point Blank range and it is nice although only 25 yards... not really good for rifle... You know us regular people can get a monthly pass for just this location for 35 bucks a month. If you do the math.... you need to maintain 2 range trips a month to equal what you would just pay to use the range normally. So it is a deal if you go 3 times a month or more and pay the monthly amount.

Up until my hand incident I was doing a lot time with a local Front Sight instructor watching his line and helping students not shoot themselves with their Glocks while running holster drills so I come out to the INGO shoots more for the fun of being around friends that shoot more so than learning anything or instructing someone... heck if I show up to a public range that isn't all INGO people I end up spending atleast a quarter of my time teaching safe gun handling... I hit INGO shoots to socialize with some boom...

Someone back in the thread mentioned left over pizza was low carb, on what planet is that so ? Pizza is loaded with carbs... Try some broccoli, Green Beans, Couliflour, or meat without any sauces or breading...

OK I think I'm all caught up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom