this is the way the year ends
    not with a bang but a retching heave

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Reading online reviews of local window tint shops have me feeling none are worthwhile...

Any suggestions?

Friends n family giving mixed reviews as well.

Usually do it myself but the autozone films aren't the greatest and usually have discoloration after a few years. Wanted to just farm this one out.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I used Broadway glass and it's ok. Got a few bubbles on the back window by some of the defroster lines. It has a lifetime warranty so if anything happens they'll fix it. I know a couple other people that have been happy with Car teks on 41...think Bob went there.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I used Broadway glass and it's ok. Got a few bubbles on the back window by some of the defroster lines. It has a lifetime warranty so if anything happens they'll fix it. I know a couple other people that have been happy with Car teks on 41...think Bob went there.

Coworker had nothing good to say about car teks. Definitely the closest, walking distance from me.

But I figure it's one of those things you hear about the one screw up many times more than you hear about the expected outcome.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    So far I've had good recommendations for dan the tint man in garyville, and delta somewhere on Broadway. But was warned that dans will leave your car stinking of cigarettes and delta doesn't do appointments, first come first served.

I want quality film, a good job, and an appointment where I can drop it off and pick up later.

Got 4 votes for a shop in Indy, and the Internet reviews are pretty solid. Might be going that route unless I hear positive feedback from as many on a local joint.

Just looking for factory match on the front two doors on my truck. Doubt I need to worry about such a simple job, but I hate paying for stuff I can do myself. I just want it done well, with better quality materials than what's available to me

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm going to wager that I'm the only INGO member in Iowa currently. About an hour from the inlaws. Found Jedi's snow. Ransom note to follow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom