• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I hate to say it, but I'm going back to Directv and AT&T. Yes, Comcasts' internet speed can't be beaten, but the tv is pretty crappy and it seems like every month I'm arguing with them about the bill, and all the upcharges are ridiculous. Having slower internet is worth the $100 a month it'll save me, not to mention fewer aggravations with the bill.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm now in Sahagun, Spain. This city is the geographic center of the Camino de Santiago trail. I didn't bother to double check the trail math, but tghe trail is roughly 500 miles long so I'm apparently at the 250 mile point along the route. Of course, masochist that I am, I'm planning to hike another 118 miles beyond the end point, so I guess I'm only a bit over 1/3rd of the way done.

Tomorrow I get to pick up a certificate for making it to the official midpoint of the Camino trail, so I guess that is an accomplishment.

Temps have been in the 90's, full sun. Except when we hiked over the Pyrenees. Did that through hail, rain and fog.

Should be home roughly July 30.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think you only get the settlement if you get the repairs, at least that's what it looked like from the article I read.

Debating selling my '14 Passat TDI back, but have to work the numbers first. Sucks that they are only giving us like 12.5k miles a year because since last Aug I have driven 20k+ miles...gonna get hit on the deduction there. Wish I could tell them I was at 37k since I track my miles for work.

The buyback includes the settlement, so for my buyback would be from 23k to 23.5k with the mileage adjustment added. The website should be up and running to do the numbers for you sometime in July.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Started cosmoline removal today. My goal was to get everything disassembled, wiped down (to get the big chunks off), and prepped. Success! But, HOLY COW! Each rifle progressively got more challenging.
    1st: Mosin= caked full of sloppy cosmoline.
    2nd: SKS= super sticky cosmoline
    3rd: Mauser= caked, sticky, and packed! It took WD-40, a heat gun, and a hammer & punch to get the barrel rings and spring loose. The bolt was so crammed with cosmoline that it was quite the chore to disassemble. You probably heard me cussing from over here. That sadistic SOB who crammed all that in there definitely got the laugh. :faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom