• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    seriously last night my anxiety/situational awareness was at a 10 last night @ munster fest. the ghetto ness was strong AF. I will never go again... never in my life was i so ready to hear a few 'cracks' and then a mass exile of the grounds. Munster PD was everywhere, and im sure the grounds are a GFZ, but oh well
    If you're talking about the St. Thomas More fest, yes it is a GFZ as it is on school grounds. At our VFW meeting last week they said there would be metal detectors, etc. at the entrance. I hate crowds, so going never entered into my mind.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    BillB, I can see the usefulness of the Trust but there is always the legality of the trust if questioned. Also I'm wondering what will happen to the wait times for the stamp to come back when you add one or two more sets of credentials to be investigated before they issue it. I work for lawyers all the time and there can always be questions of legality of any legal document they have assured me.

I always hear that concern, but have never heard of a case where it was an issue. Besides, a reputable attorney is not likely to make an error and will give support if needed.
    The wait times are worth it if my wife/sons don't get jacked up with issues of possession.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    the only thing I seen on the sign was 'NO Illegal Weapons'.... well, to me, my firearm was purchased legally, I am a card holder, so nothing Illegal about that...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    the only thing I seen on the sign was 'NO Illegal Weapons'.... well, to me, my firearm was purchased legally, I am a card holder, so nothing Illegal about that...

I would love to see that brought up.

No sarcasm.
    That's a great argument against the sign that doesn't stop criminals.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BillB, well my wife would be pretty much it for possession of the stuff and have you ever tried to argue with my wife before. It wouldn't end well for the people arguing with her no matter if they were federal agents or local Police. She has a knack for getting what she wants regardless of what is against her.

I'm just savoring the fact that a Hammond resident will finally be able to get a class 3 item without special favors from the regime in charge.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    what do you do in a traffic stop?

Officer: Anything in the vehicle I Should know about
    Me: nothing illegal officer...

I was pulled over two weeks ago for speeding in valpo. Kept both hands on steering wheel
    Officer, "do you have any weapons?"
    Me, "yes, I have three pistols on me"
    Officer, "where are they?"
    Me, "I have my carry on my hip, a bug under the steering wheel, and another behind my seat."
    Officer, "do you have a license to carry? Any issues with that? Is the vehicle registered to you?"
    Me, "I have my license, vehicle registered to me and nothing we need to worry about"
    Officer, "ok, well you don't go for your gun and I won't go for mine"
    Me, "that sounds good."

Let me off with warning. Didn't ask to see license, registration, proof of insurance, or LTCH. I think she didn't want me to make any moves and I didn't either. She was cute too haha

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Regarding the new nfa laws to go into effect... yes there is more hassle to file with a trust but I believe that as long as you file again within 2 years of your last file and nothing has changed to your trust you don't need to submit all that paperwork again. I believe you just reference that last filing that contained all the information. If I'm not 100% on that you can correct me. I will continue to file with my trust, and yes silence is golden!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I can pick up ammo cans and the 1919 now that it is warm out... Took my walk and chased all the drug dealers out of the park and didn't break a sweat.. No need for Vicodin... This is great...

I'll keep the heat...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom