• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD, just keep in mind that a UPS is a consumable item that has a effective run time. I normally have my customers swap them out every two years or get new batteries if their the really large rack mounted ones...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This last UPS lasted 13 years but let me guess ... it's like the printer. They can't make them last that long anymore or else they will not make money. :rolleyes:

You may have had it for 13 years but i bet the battery in it was no food anymore. Ups is nothing more then a battery and those only last 5 years at most.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jedi quit posting from your stinkin' phone. It's spell correct drives me crazy.

Oh'o there go my gun rights.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This last UPS lasted 13 years but let me guess ... it's like the printer. They can't make them last that long anymore or else they will not make money. :rolleyes:
    Depending upon what you actually bought, it should tell you when the batteries need to be replaced. I just had to replace the ones in mine.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Should have the tickets for our VFW Post 1130 Ruger SR1911 raffle on Thursday. The warehouses he uses for the CZ97B were out of stock and he said it could take as long as 4 months to get a hold of one. Instead went with the more available route.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, I finally ordered a new leather holster for my s&w model 19. From Mitch Rosen.
    And an outside the wasteband holster for my M&P.
    And a mag carrier.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've seen UPS batteries fail in as short as a couple month's. Get a electrical storm and boom, all gone... WD, I'm guessing you didn't realize the battery was not holding a charge anymore as you wouldn't notice unless the equipment connected to it was on and you lost power and watched the computer power down. Some UPS's will start blinking or chirping at you at the end of service but a lot of them won't tell you at all.

You should see how quick a UPS dies in a place like a Radio Station. Lightening strike, 80 foot tower big antenna and boom all dead...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom