• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Just watched my neighbors house burn to the ground. No one was home but animals so we started breaking out windows but nothing but smoke bellowed out... So ****ing sad

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    They were definitely smoked out by time we started to make an entrance. The smoke that hit us made us all choke. You could see in about 4 ft but only about 2 ft off the ground

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    everyone there knew the house was not of concern, but if there was ANY thing we could have done to TRY and save life thats what we did and thats what we were thanked for. we knew that the FD wasnt going to save the house, so all bets are off, try to do what we could, hope anything inside would of heard of yelling/whistling. but once the first window was out(which was the furthest from the initial blaze) we kinda knew nothing could be alive unless under a bed/dresser

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    we were in a similar situation years back at the GFs parents house. we were 2 hours south and got a call their house was up. we informed neighbors to do whatever they needed to get the animals out. it ended up with them jumping the fence and resisting arrest breaking in windows and doors and they got all of the animals out safely.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    i dont think there is a thing i would've done different. I might have shaved off 1 minute by not going across the street to see if neighbor had the owners phone number. but even at that I wouldve been at the west side of house just seconds sooner, breaking glass only to find thick black smoke... I wish I wouldve seen it sooner. we were out front doing irrigation work when a trucker honked.. i thought nothing of it cause they always honk at the girls, but then another honked and pointed back. thats when we turned and black filled the sky

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Just watched my neighbors house burn to the ground. No one was home but animals so we started breaking out windows but nothing but smoke bellowed out... So ****ing sad
    Was this around 2:00 P. M. this afternoon south of Shelby? Saw the black smoke from Belshaw and Clark.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This plastic furniture and such makes viability so terrible. I am told there was a time where everyone had wooden furniture with almost no plastics in them, and smoke was grayish, not this black soot filled smoke we see today. Still no matter what you do on a fire scene, it is almost never good enough for the people who own the home/property. Sometimes I am glad I am not a volunteer anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom