sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    https://www.tugg.com/titles/range-15
    a229c649abb834e1d5fcc2f12c69d77c.jpg

A group of veterans wake up after a night of partying to find out that the zombie apocalypse has spread across the United States. Together, they must fight their way across the country in order to find a cure for the outbreak and restore freedom before it's too late.

better chance of the show at the Valpo Cinemark

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad if the intent of these trips are to keep feeling young I would think twice about anything in Japan. That reactor is still leaking....

Agreed though on bagging more experiences as long as you can, I've slowed down on my bucket list over the last few years but I'll get back to it pretty soon here...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    OK note to other AR builders... the ATI free float forearm has a included barrel nut that will cut your fingers up for sure... That is my little tidbit for the day...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I saw how this US 30 bs is going to work this morning. I think people were getting off of the SB I-65 and heading East. Then once they get to the traffic light at Mississippi street, it's a massive u-turn by people in both turning lanes. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Traffic like water flows in the direction of least resistance.
    People will disobey traffic sign when it suits them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad if the intent of these trips are to keep feeling young I would think twice about anything in Japan. That reactor is still leaking....

Agreed though on bagging more experiences as long as you can, I've slowed down on my bucket list over the last few years but I'll get back to it pretty soon here...
    The intent of these trips is to enjoy life, immerse myself if other cultures and to learn about them. Feeling young after hiking is not likely. Feeling sore is more likely. But when you walk around a country you get to meet a lot of people and experience a lot of things that can't be experienced by looking through a tour bus window. You get dinner in their home, conversations on their patio. You get inside grand cathedrals and small grottos. I just find that this type of travel allows you to see much more than you get when you hit the tourist spots only.

As for the Japan hike, the wind is blowing that radiation to the US. The area of Japan where the Kumano Kodo trail is located is still a pristine area that is upwind.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The intent of these trips is to enjoy life, immerse myself if other cultures and to learn about them. Feeling young after hiking is not likely. Feeling sore is more likely. But when you walk around a country you get to meet a lot of people and experience a lot of things that can't be experienced by looking through a tour bus window. You get dinner in their home, conversations on their patio. You get inside grand cathedrals and small grottos. I just find that this type of travel allows you to see much more than you get when you hit the tourist spots only.

As for the Japan hike, the wind is blowing that radiation to the US. The area of Japan where the Kumano Kodo trail is located is still a pristine area that is upwind.
    More bang for the buck and conversation is a lost art along with making new friendship's on the road. PRICELESS. :yesway:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I get what your saying, although these days I find very little in humanity that entices my interest. Now awesome historical and the natural beauty of different landscapes entice my mind and help me to accomplish feeling more of what the earth and world have to offer. Such is the bucket list...

As to Japan, they still haven't got that under control and it is spewing radioactive material, not my idea of a safe location to visit. The contamination of fish is off the charts.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

That is the fountain of youth

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Melensdad, I get what your saying, although these days I find very little in humanity that entices my interest. Now awesome historical and the natural beauty of different landscapes entice my mind and help me to accomplish feeling more of what the earth and world have to offer. Such is the bucket list...

As to Japan, they still haven't got that under control and it is spewing radioactive material, not my idea of a safe location to visit. The contamination of fish is off the charts.

And Lake County is a garden spot of environmental purity?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    More bang for the buck and conversation is a lost art along with making new friendship's on the road. PRICELESS. :yesway:
    Yup. We used to travel and stay in corner suites at fine hotels. And granted that is a wonderful way to travel. But now we frequently stay small places, even been known to sleep in dormitory style group rooms and share group meals with strangers. Its a wonderful way to travel and experience a different way of life. Not saying I won't go back to the occasional corner suite, because I will do that too. But if you really want to see a country (even the wonderful USA) then consider doing it on foot, eating with the locals, shopping with the locals, drinking the local adult beverage of choice with the locals, etc.

Get with the regular people in places unknown and you find the humanity that is generally lacking.

As for the historical stuff, scenery, etc. That is all an amazing bonus. This is a trail that has been established for 1000 years. We should find the odd relic from the past and plenty of amazing things to see. Last year I was able to climb and stand on the top of cliffs in Northumberland, visit an active excavation of a 2000+ year old Roman fortress, and meet a lot of really cool people. So I'm pretty excited about what I might find this time.

That is the fountain of youth
    Then I need 2 fountains!

Honestly my first choice for next year's trip would be the motorcycle ride following the coast of the Great Lakes. Its called the Great Lakes Circle Route. 6500 miles and includes a part of the St Lawerence Seaway in the journey through more than a half dozen states and parts of Canada. Staying off the interstates and stopping in small towns along the way. Assuming about 250 miles a day, its about a 1 month trip, give or take depending upon the occasional extra day in some locals. At this point the lovely Mrs Bob is not too keen on a motorcycle trip of that length ... especially if a night or two (or 5 or 10) include sleeping in a tent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom