1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Did you make any progress with this?

Just got back from an emotional weekend up in Arlington VA but the A/C guy came the next day Friday and found a chewed off 24V wire to some illegible writing. Copied from my Facebook as it would be to long to rewrite but here was one of my experiences with disrespectful people that sent me over the edge both with anger and sadness.

I pledged to honor USMC LCPL Jakub Henryk Kowalik who died oif 5/12/2003 from IL. As I stood there watching this group ask passerbyers to honor a name of those who have died in oif/oef 4 said no. It pissed me off they said no to honor Us Army CWO2 Hans N Gukeisen died oif 5/09/2003 from SD, Us Army Spc Dustin K McGaugh died oif 9/30/2003 KS, USMC Capt Travis A Ford died oif 4/5/2003 from NE, and Us Army CSM James D Blankenbecler died oif 10/1/2003 from VA. I went up to those volunteers and asked to pledge to honor them for the lack of respect those people showed to them. It made me break down in front of the whole world to see these heartless people turn their backs on these men who gave all for the freedoms they take for granted. It was a pleasure my 3 fellow oif vets there with me along with our spouses never forget and are willing to honor a complete stranger we have never met for their ultimate sacrifice.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1776, That's the America we have aloud to become. I watched a interview last night on CNN which was sold as two veterans discussing the Trump candidacy. Not exactly what you got though. Turns out the one vet who was a Trump supporter was a Seal and the other supposed vet was a guy who signed up and got a education and when asked to go into country and serve his own country he decided he was a conscientious objector and couldn't be in the field with our American countrymen serving there because he wouldn't have their back. Then he spouts on national TV that he is Veteran and spouts all kinds of anti-American rhetoric. This country has gone in the shi**** and needs to be made great once again... Thanks for standing by our fallen and your service...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am glad I don't get CNN, TVs are too expensive.

Spent my weeks leading up to Memorial day watching war movies. I know that movies don't depict the horrors of war, but it is as close as I have been.

As I watch tears flow as men are maimed and killed. I sit and thank God for the men and the freedom they have secured for us.

Having watched Band of Brothers several times before, this time I noticed the "shell shock/battle fatigue/PTSD" experienced by the survivors in the face of their buddies deaths and the violence that they are called upon to perform. I know that Memorial Day is to honor the dear, but it seemed as if a part of those who faced the horrors of war died a little bit.

Now to prepare my heart for June 6.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Submitted something on Republic about getting a dumpster. They never said a price or anything, I just filled in my Addy and my account number. I hope a dumpster doesn't just show up on my property

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Roof seal replacement on the camper is a success.

Bone dry after the rains last night.

Now to reframe the front wall and close it up. Back to work tonight, so probably won't be able to do much until next week when I'm done working. But, also have a trip with the camper next Thurs-Mon, so it'll be crunch time.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Service Sanitations sister company is Total Disposal. I dont believe they go to Newton County.

CTC- bout the only thing I can tell u is PM me ur Info and I can pass it along to our Sales Rep. Otherwise you can use this old fashion thing called a Phone and Call!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you have children at Hanover Central H.S. you may want to keep them home today. I'll be there doing "mock interviews" for some classes this morning.

So far I've made kids cry every day that I've done this (this is my final day this year, but I've done this for 2 years).

So if you have a special snowflake that can't stand to hear the truth, doesn't understand common sense and has the belief that being a lazy slacker is the right way to get ahead in life, just keep them home today, no need to have them hear truthful words that may cause tears and force them to run to their safe space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom