• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So a little more than a year ago I had a phone interview with company "x", I didn't get the position but that's ok I wasn't really qualified for it. Fast forward to today, same company another interview for a different position (that I am qualified for). Halfway through the interview the AVP says "didn't we talk a year or two ago? Don't you know BXXX?" I don't know if it's bad or good that he remembered me, but it is what it is.
    I hate interviews, and I reaallllyy hate phone interviews. They said I should hear from them in a "week or so".
    I'm gonna go vomit now.
    Probably good ... unless you vomited during the first interview.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    KLB, because your PM mailbox is full and you can't get my reply privately ...

Thrilled is an understatement.

Right now the A6 TDI is giving me 0-60 times right about 4.6 seconds. Quarter mile time comfortably under 13 seconds. Highway passing acceleration 50-to-80mph runs a tingle up my leg :): Long term average fuel economy (over 35,000 miles) of combined City & Highway driving is over 39mpg. All that with full time Quattro AWD in a large family size luxury sedan that fun to drive.

Yes, I'm happy with the APR tune :rockwoot:
    DOH! Stupid INGO should tell you your box is full.

That is great. I'll be taking the Golf R in next week to get the ECU and TCU done. They say it takes the Golf to under 4 secs 0-60.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    DOH! Stupid INGO should tell you your box is full.

That is great. I'll be taking the Golf R in next week to get the ECU and TCU done. They say it takes the Golf to under 4 secs 0-60.
    Yup, APR seems to do engine magic.

Mine was done at Audi of Hoffman Estates. Doesn't void the warranty.

Hard to complain about the performance I'm getting out of the big diesel engine. I forgot what they told me but something like 75 extra HP and an even bigger boost in torque. I think. All I know is that the 3.0L Diesel engine in stock form is one of the smoothest engines I've ever driven and plenty powerful with a stock 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds and just over 13 seconds in the quarter mile. Damn respectable for a luxury sedan and clearly faster/smoother than most luxury-cruisers on the market ... but chipped and it becomes magic. Performance & fuel economy numbers all climb.

The APR tuned diesel 3.0L compares favorably to the Audi "S" series sedan at a much lower price and gives roughly 50% better fuel economy.

I'd take my daughter's 2010 TDI Jetta in for an APR chipping if it didn't already have 130,000 miles on it. Her car is in fantastic shape, no issues, but I'm a cheap old bastard and don't feel like paying for a performance upgrade on a diesel engine that she doesn't seem to push. Heck I get better fuel economy out of the big Audi and its oil burning engine than she gets out of the 2.0L VW TDI engine in the little Jetta, and the performance in the Audi blows away the 2.0L VW despite the added size/weight of the bigger Audi.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yup, APR seems to do engine magic.

Mine was done at Audi of Hoffman Estates. Doesn't void the warranty.

Hard to complain about the performance I'm getting out of the big diesel engine. I forgot what they told me but something like 75 extra HP and an even bigger boost in torque. I think. All I know is that the 3.0L Diesel engine in stock form is one of the smoothest engines I've ever driven and plenty powerful with a stock 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds and just over 13 seconds in the quarter mile. Damn respectable for a luxury sedan and clearly faster/smoother than most luxury-cruisers on the market ... but chipped and it becomes magic. Performance & fuel economy numbers all climb.

The APR tuned diesel 3.0L compares favorably to the Audi "S" series sedan at a much lower price and gives roughly 50% better fuel economy.

I'd take my daughter's 2010 TDI Jetta in for an APR chipping if it didn't already have 130,000 miles on it. Her car is in fantastic shape, no issues, but I'm a cheap old bastard and don't feel like paying for a performance upgrade on a diesel engine that she doesn't seem to push. Heck I get better fuel economy out of the big Audi and its oil burning engine than she gets out of the 2.0L VW TDI engine in the little Jetta, and the performance in the Audi blows away the 2.0L VW despite the added size/weight of the bigger Audi.
    I'll be going to Team VW/Audi in Hobart. They said the same thing about the warranty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom