• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I motion to set the line at 231! Do I have a second?

Awe ****, that line would be really close to me then!

I second the motion and move the line to 133rd.
    Honestly I could support moving the line to Rt 231 but I think maybe a better way to do it is to have a floating line. Perhaps 231 on the west side of the county, but then going south around Crown Point so that all of C.P. is included in with 'those people' currently residing up in Hammond. Then heading east to I-65 where the line would probably be safely set at 109th street from I-65 east to the border of Porter County.

Moving it down to 133rd is bound to happen ... someday. Just not yet. Still plenty of good old boys between 231 and 133rd.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Honestly I could support moving the line to Rt 231 but I think maybe a better way to do it is to have a floating line. Perhaps 231 on the west side of the county, but then going south around Crown Point so that all of C.P. is included in with 'those people' currently residing up in Hammond. Then heading east to I-65 where the line would probably be safely set at 109th street from I-65 east to the border of Porter County.

Moving it down to 133rd is bound to happen ... someday. Just not yet. Still plenty of good old boys between 231 and 133rd.
    Winfield isn't exactly the hood, and when you get East of Winfield it is pretty much rural all the way to Porter County. Although the Mall area South of 30 is definitely part of da hood.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The sales, service, APR or all of it?

There is 1 sales guy there who I tried to buy 4 cars from. He is a friend of a friend. He lost the first 3 sales. I bought my Audi A6 TDI from him. Made him an offer, told him get it approved. He came back in 5 minutes and I got up out of my chair to leave. He knew I was serious and met the price, which was, a very reasonable offer. I used to have fleet buyer status for International, Chrysler, IVECO, GMC, etc. I don't make bids that are unreasonable. So I'd say that sales are "iffy"

As for service, I'm going to put them in the friendly "liar" category. They take care of you, but you might find out from other dealerships that they really took care of themselves. Another dealer outright told me that what Team had been telling me was false, and then that dealer fixed my car under warranty, offered me a courtesy car, Starbucks, etc and that was just when I went in for a simple oil change. So I'm going to pass on Team except for quick in-out work like oil changes. But even then, not impressed.

Never used them for APR work. I talked their Audi sales manager(?) into getting APR. But my APR was done by Audi of Hoffman Estates. They also did an update for me, I've even gone up there for oil changes.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There is 1 sales guy there who I tried to buy 4 cars from. He is a friend of a friend. He lost the first 3 sales. I bought my Audi A6 TDI from him. Made him an offer, told him get it approved. He came back in 5 minutes and I got up out of my chair to leave. He knew I was serious and met the price, which was, a very reasonable offer. I used to have fleet buyer status for International, Chrysler, IVECO, GMC, etc. I don't make bids that are unreasonable. So I'd say that sales are "iffy"

As for service, I'm going to put them in the friendly "liar" category. They take care of you, but you might find out from other dealerships that they really took care of themselves. Another dealer outright told me that what Team had been telling me was false, and then that dealer fixed my car under warranty, offered me a courtesy car, Starbucks, etc and that was just when I went in for a simple oil change. So I'm going to pass on Team except for quick in-out work like oil changes. But even then, not impressed.

Never used them for APR work. I talked their Audi sales manager(?) into getting APR. But my APR was done by Audi of Hoffman Estates. They also did an update for me, I've even gone up there for oil changes.
    Interesting.

I tried to buy from them in the beginning, and I was politely told they already had three Rs sold that weren't delivered and they offered me a used MK VI R. They won't be contacted by me again for a sale.

The guy that does the APR there has been nice so far. He answers all my questions and other than trying to upsell me on an intake has done everything I ask. I haven't decided where I will take the car for maintenance yet, Highland is out of my way, except when I am driving home from work. Hobart is always out of the way.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I use Highland for VW work. Or occasionally Orland Park. Same owners have both of those 2 dealerships. Bought 3 VWs from Orland. Went to Highland and they brought up my cars on their computer and have taken care of me without any grief at all. So far I'm pleased with Highland and Orland for VW work. Neither are APR dealerships (or at least they were not last time I looked)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought my 15 Jetta TDI from Team and had no issues. I even got a 30k service contract added on for a car that cost me less than 18k. I had a bolt missing from the brake caliber that came that way from the factory They gave me a rental as they had to order the part. I came back at 730 the next day and they had it fixed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I had an issue with a tail light on the Audi.

Team told me it was a 'known' issue and eventually a recall would be issued.

2 other Audi dealers had no clue about this 'known' issue, couldn't find any notices from Audi on the 'known' issue in their computers. Team, after 1.5 years of ownership, still had no way to fix my tail light issue. Another dealer replaced the whole assembly, no charge.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well I had an issue with a tail light on the Audi.

Team told me it was a 'known' issue and eventually a recall would be issued.

2 other Audi dealers had no clue about this 'known' issue, couldn't find any notices from Audi on the 'known' issue in their computers. Team, after 1.5 years of ownership, still had no way to fix my tail light issue. Another dealer replaced the whole assembly, no charge.
    That is weird. I can't imagine why a dealer would turn down a warranty fix.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Every year come spring thaw, I spend a few hours out in the same two areas of the woods behind my house picking up bottles and shards of bottles of Gordon's gin. Nearly filled a 5g bucket today, though a couple bottles were brown glass, had a few milk bottles and a few 12oz beer or soft drink bottles in there too.

Guy that owned the house before me must've really liked his cheap gin out in the woods. I kept count for a while, was over 200 identifiable Gordons bottles. The frost heave squeezes out more every year.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    bulletsmith I did some tinkering with my dillion press and got it to the point where out of 100 rounds made about 7 still bottom out after applying some pressure to the dial caliber. The rest are running 1.155-1.146 I figure a .009 difference for target rounds isn't much to get all shook up about. I also have about another 7 that are in the 1.163 range that need to be seated deeper but pass the pressure test as I call it.

I do plan on buying some of the RMR 9mm's as I think I can get them cheaper than from xtreme where I usually bought. I plan on using these and xtreme as my more accurate loads especially with the 9mm AR I plan on building with the INGO lower. I could probably use some more powder, but will see what bobcat has when I go down.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Mowed the lawn for the 1st time this year. The neighbor's property values are rising nicely now.

been thinking of going to heinold and picking up one of those toro zero turns... but it sucks cause I could really use an actual tractor tractor. bucket, tiller, etc... sucks to spend money on a machine that will do ONE thing.... wish I could afford a little kyoti or kubota... I had a customer come in with a newer JD with a bad pump. he didnt want to fix the issue, I should have offered him something for it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom