Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    No she's not. That may be in her future, but at the present time she's not on it. And yes as has been pointed out. Stress as well as pain, and infection all contribute to high blood sugars. Right now we are working on getting it down so we can move forward with her surgery. And her recovery
    Good luck with all that. Getting everything ready for a surgery is stressful enough without the stress of not being able to do it.
    How are things there in Westville? (Heading out to NPCCC shortly)
    Better turn on a traffic report, or get one off the internet.
    Multiple road closures.
    Travel time is doubled or tripled.

I-65 looks nuts! The view from my window in P-town looks ok. Someone dusted some white stuff here and there, but nothing to get excited about.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No she's not. That may be in her future, but at the present time she's not on it. And yes as has been pointed out. Stress as well as pain, and infection all contribute to high blood sugars. Right now we are working on getting it down so we can move forward with her surgery. And her recovery

For some reason I thought she was put on a pump a while ago. I know my daughter's pump works great, UNTIL IT FAILS, which is usually at a very inopportune time. I wondered if maybe Michelle's pump had failed.

Since she is not on one I can honestly recommend one without any reservations. It has made such a difference in Melen's life and her ability to lead a normal life again. We just received a new pump 2 days ago, this new one has a constant blood sugar monitoring system that eliminate the need for "finger pricks" to test blood sugar levels. Curious to see that working. But if you can get Michelle on an insulin pump I think you will see her sugar levels drop and remain far more steady.

Good luck with her surgery, please keep me informed.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Off to Highland to get a part for the wife's dishwasher. Last night I went to the parts store in Valpo to get the part and saw a sign on the door they closed on December 24, 2015. I need to get out more than just going to work and home.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    about 10:30 last night me and my cousins husband go to Baskin to grab some coffee and ice cream for the girls. When the Blue Top(old school drive in hot rod diner) closes at night, the cars move their way over to DD/Baskin.. I saw the usual cars and their owners inside. So we order, get our stuff, hop in the duty. just as Im backing out, a older male knocks on my window. I see hes wearing some old school 80s leatherman jacket, so I figured he was with the group, so I rolled down my window, expecting to talk about the truck or where I get it 'serviced', which is rather common... he starts off with

"First of all, nice truck, beautiful truck, second of all, god bless you"

right then and there and I knew where this was going....

"my family has been hit with hard times and we need to raise $17....." ugh no I cant help you, bye......

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    about 10:30 last night me and my cousins husband go to Baskin to grab some coffee and ice cream for the girls. When the Blue Top(old school drive in hot rod diner) closes at night, the cars move their way over to DD/Baskin.. I saw the usual cars and their owners inside. So we order, get our stuff, hop in the duty. just as Im backing out, a older male knocks on my window. I see hes wearing some old school 80s leatherman jacket, so I figured he was with the group, so I rolled down my window, expecting to talk about the truck or where I get it 'serviced', which is rather common... he starts off with

"First of all, nice truck, beautiful truck, second of all, god bless you"

right then and there and I knew where this was going....

"my family has been hit with hard times and we need to raise $17....." ugh no I cant help you, bye......

I have a raccoon you could of gave them for food.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    They offered me one of those Glucose monitors in my pump system too but the cost is like 400 bucks a month to run it and even testing 8 to 10 times a day my strips for the month only run 40 bucks so it wasn't financially possible to try but it does look promising as the costs go down.

I thought Michelle was a type 2 diabetic which would mean using insulin could be dicey as her pancreas could dump pepcin in at any time. I would say it is probably the infection.

CTC, it's just going to get worst...

Jedi, you are on my bad list now.. Dang snow...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    PM me the manufacture info on that please. Has she switched to it yet?

Medtronic Mini-Med

No she has not started using it, it arrived here at the house but she is in North Carolina for another 3+ weeks at college. I don't think she wants to start using it until after she is done with finals.

They offered me one of those Glucose monitors in my pump system too but the cost is like 400 bucks a month to run it and even testing 8 to 10 times a day my strips for the month only run 40 bucks so it wasn't financially possible to try but it does look promising as the costs go down.
    Your system is totally different than the Medtronic system. The disposable pods may be part of the reason the cost is so high for your system.

The system we just got from Medtronics is their latest generation of Glucose monitor/insulin pump combo. We tried one of these systems a half dozen years ago and it just didn't seem to work for her. Our insurance covered most of the cost, but then we traded in her old insulin pump, and ended up with a credit of over $200 after the trade in :yesway:

I thought Michelle was a type 2 diabetic which would mean using insulin could be dicey as her pancreas could dump pepcin in at any time. I would say it is probably the infection...
    I thought she was a Type 1. If type 2 then I agree with you.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom