Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would think so since the last time we were there. i don't remember having to come up with a special menu due to the size. But it is what it is. Seems the first and last M&E of this year have been nothing but problems trying to get set up. I do ask if anyone wants to help me pick menu items for the 4th of Dec to PM me as I plan on going to Jedi's Garden next friday to make a menu and pay the deposit.

The last time we did not have to give a deposit or have a special menu BECAUSE while we had the "back room" it was not just for us. Meaning the general public could sit back there if they wanted to. Had we given a deposit last time the back room would have been for us only along with the "special menu".

C. Larry and I choose to go with "it being open" cause we did not want to deal with a special menu and figured if the general public saw guns they might talk to us as well.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The last time we did not have to give a deposit or have a special menu BECAUSE while we had the "back room" it was not just for us. Meaning the general public could sit back there if they wanted to. Had we given a deposit last time the back room would have been for us only along with the "special menu".

C. Larry and I choose to go with "it being open" cause we did not want to deal with a special menu and figured if the general public saw guns they might talk to us as well.
    And with my luck we got to have the full room for the group and had a great time. A few talked about the two waitress who served the group. Thanks for Jedi's help to get the event done. :bowdown:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    pfft, in Hammond they've been in the grave for years and still vote. the day after their funeral they change their party affiliation to "D" if they weren't already.

If that's true it's even worse than I thought then. I think we had the lowest voter turnout in history last time. Even with your dead folks.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I haven't a clue how, where, or when to vote.

Well, you've shared the when part.

But still. People talk about voting and I haven't a clue what it really means. In my head it's going somewhere and sticking a card into a machine, then pulling a lever. But that might just be from cartoons...

Just seems like too much hassle to try to figure out. I don't have a voter's card or whatever either. Or do they take drivers license?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I haven't a clue how, where, or when to vote.

Well, you've shared the when part.

But still. People talk about voting and I haven't a clue what it really means. In my head it's going somewhere and sticking a card into a machine, then pulling a lever. But that might just be from cartoons...

Just seems like too much hassle to try to figure out. I don't have a voter's card or whatever either. Or do they take drivers license?
    In a nut shell:
    Register (you can do this at the BMV) and they will tell you where to go and what precinct you are in
    Hand over driver's license (or government issued ID) which they scanned the code on the back this a.m.
    Sign your name saying it's you voting.
    They hand you a categorized ballot to fill in bubbles next to the candidate(s) you choose
    Insert ballot into a counting machine
    Done

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    In a nut shell:
    Register (you can do this at the BMV) and they will tell you where to go and what precinct you are in
    Hand over driver's license (or government issued ID) which they scanned the code on the back this a.m.
    Sign your name saying it's you voting.
    They hand you a categorized ballot to fill in bubbles next to the candidate(s) you choose
    Insert ballot into a counting machine
    Done

I'd rather not go to the BMV...
    Already sounds like more work than it's worth for the small feel-good of saying I voted.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'd rather not go to the BMV...
    Already sounds like more work than it's worth for the small feel-good of saying I voted.

I'm not sure if you can register other places. I did that task quite a while ago and things change.:dunno:
    It's more about civics than tooting your own horn. Plus, you are only talking a 20 min. total task once every 2-4 years.
    You need to get the right decision making people in the right places.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    My vote will have the same impact as buying a lotto ticket will have on my bank account.

Really not worth it unless you want the feel-good of voting, or the 5 minutes of dreaming if buying a lotto ticket. In the end, the results won't change whether you vote or not, or if you buy a lotto ticket or not.

If I could do it from home, definitely would vote. The time/effort invested is minimal so I don't feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my day, but could still have the feelgood and say I voted.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My vote will have the same impact as buying a lotto ticket will have on my bank account.

Really not worth it unless you want the feel-good of voting, or the 5 minutes of dreaming if buying a lotto ticket. In the end, the results won't change whether you vote or not, or if you buy a lotto ticket or not.

If I could do it from home, definitely would vote. The time/effort invested is minimal so I don't feel like I wasted 20 minutes of my day, but could still have the feelgood and say I voted.

I believe (never done it) you can have an absentee ballot sent to your home should you fit the criteria: Secretary of State : Election Division: Absentee Voting
    When Olga was elected in Portage she :spend: leaving a huge debt and getting things done in town with a blown budget fell back on the town and taxpayers. Portage is still recovering from that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom