• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I voted.... So I'm allowed to complain and whatever else one might do to show their disgust for how things are being ran...

and that there is why we vote.... It won't make a hill of difference but it gives you the right to ***** slap all those useless employees that got voted in...

"Can't make time to go vote " heck there was two people at the poles today when I walked in to show my disgust with the system....

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Hey Billb... who is getting layed off... Which lines are doing the laying off ?
    My company has just announced that any shopcraft employee (machinist, electrician, etc.) that resigns by jan 5 will receive vacation pay for 2016 and 2017. This is the first step, next will be buyouts for guys close to retirement, then layoffs.
    They have already fired several hundred managers across the system and have a bunch of traincrew on furlough (I'd have to look up the exact number), several thousand freightcars and a couple hundred locomotives in short and long term storage.
    Lots of different reasons for this, but it all boils down to: The economy isn't as rosy as the .gov wants you to believe.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Well I voted.... So I'm allowed to complain and whatever else one might do to show their disgust for how things are being ran...

and that there is why we vote.... It won't make a hill of difference but it gives you the right to ***** slap all those useless employees that got voted in...

"Can't make time to go vote " heck there was two people at the poles today when I walked in to show my disgust with the system....

Too bad there weren't any real choices on the ballot.
    I almost feel bad for not voting today....almost. It's the first time in more than a decade that I haven't voted in a general election.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I guess that is a sign of the true economy we are in... I've lost most of my home clients to just the way the computer industry has gone, with all the tablets and cloud based storage. The business side is much happier to put a band-aide on the problem than to out and out fix it anymore... We are in for a real **** storm pretty soon here with the mis-handling of our financial sector and to the levels that they have screwed things up...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I guess that is a sign of the true economy we are in... I've lost most of my home clients to just the way the computer industry has gone, with all the tablets and cloud based storage. The business side is much happier to put a band-aide on the problem than to out and out fix it anymore... We are in for a real **** storm pretty soon here with the mis-handling of our financial sector and to the levels that they have screwed things up...

The CONSUMER/BUSINESS financial sector has to follow the rules of the Federal Reserve and near as I can tell the Federal Reserve, run by Janet Yellen, is doing everything it can to prevent the bubble from bursting DURING OBAMA's reign. They should have slowly started raising interest rates. By delaying it they have artificially propped up the stock market, created other sector bubbles, and it will all come crashing down if businesses are not unshackled and can start to grow again. If businesses can't grow, hiring cannot start again. Without hiring we won't see wages going up.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I'm in total agreement...

Although I think we should have kicked the Federal Reserve to the curb a long time ago... But nobody cares what I think... lol...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well I did my civic duty today, that was very disappointing vote, only the mayor and the councilman had two candidates. The other four were unopposed.

I refilled two propane tanks. Propane is down, only $15 each to fill those tanks. Also picked up a new piece for the grill $9, hopefully that'll fix the leaking problem. Old piece had some really bad gouges in it.

Yeah just get up on the roof with the leaf blower and blow the gutters out, seems way more easier. It can get a little messy if the gutters are filled with water though.
    I got there about 5:00 P. M. and they said there was around 100 people show up and I was the only one there when I voted. Need to find a new group of people to run for office. :horse:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Voting ...

I prefer to avail myself of the opportunity since it came at great cost.

Remember ... people died to preserve your right to vote ... or not vote. People don't even have to die ... some just make hard sacrifices. Have you ever stood on a tarmac or a naval pier and watched the tears flow and hearts break as loved ones part ways with their service members? ... unsure if they will see each other again as their loved ones travel into harm's way? Those service members are doing the bidding of our elected officials ... your elected officials.

If it's too much trouble or seems too insignificant of an election to bother, it's your right. Don't complain though when those elected officials help themselves to your pocketbook or set an agenda that you disagree with ... keep in mind, every elected official has to start somewhere ... whether it's dog catcher or town council.

I know your vote may seem insignificant when it comes to national elections and votes are counted in the millions. However, the lowliest local election can be settled by a single vote and these often have a direct impact on your daily life.

Please vote ...

We use the first three so that we (hopefully) never have to use the fourth ...
    • Ballot box
    • Soap box
    • Jury box
    • Cartridge box

Thank you for this. I can think of no better words to explain why Americans should vote.

To those who feel that a single vote does not matter, or that the system is too corrupt to participate, I say BS! When I asked at the poles this evening they told me that we had about 13% turnout so far. If you are unhappy with what elected officials are doing, I guess you have to blame the 13% who bothered to take the 5 minutes out of their day to actually give a damn. :ranton: That is all.. I'm out.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Lake county turned out at 15.21% today. My precinct showed at 13.9%. 104 of 833 or so and that was high for CP, at least for district 1.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    beep boop kkkkkkkkkkkk Just popping in to say Hi, see you again in three to six months. I assume Jedi had a heart attack about 2 weeks ago. R.I.P. ///end transmission

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi needs to have a heart first before he can have an attack. He learned from the a movie that the heart is the only thing of value and you should find it and remove it asap.

@bill b..
    Interesting news..
    @bob
    Oh boy does that mean it will bust when hillary is in office?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, You know we really haven't had a President for the last almost 8 years so do we really need another one if it is going to be the likes of Death itself.... Hillary that is...

Sorry it reminds me of death standing there with in this case her sickle waiting to take another soul...

end of Hillary rant....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At this point in life i have seen what a one party control of both houses does.

Assault weapons ban by billy
    Nafta by billy
    TSA and "the war on terror" by bush
    Obamacae by obama

Nah... I rather see each party control 1 house so nothing gets done cause anything they touch well...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Billb, evil has been winning for many years...

The American public just keeps sitting on their rear ends and letting it get bigger and more powerful year after year...

Jedi, you still think there is a two party system ? I thought you were on top of things...

It's a group of bankers letting some politicians in their click if they vote what they want into place... It really doesn't matter if they have a D or a R for a party line, their all there for the money... Not a one of them are there for their service to our country.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well folks I'm still alive. The surgery went well. The good news is that he was able to fix everything. The not so good news is that there was a tear to the tendon that he had to stitch up. The bad news was/is that given the deterioration of my knee, I'm going to Need a replacement sometime down the road. I'm sitting here at the hospital waiting to be discharged so I can go and sleep in MY bed. Trying to sleep in a hospital bed SUCKS!!

oh and contrary to what LadyGhost said. I WASN'T CRANKY! LOL

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Well folks I'm still alive. The surgery went well. The good news is that he was able to fix everything. The not so good news is that there was a tear to the tendon that he had to stitch up. The bad news was/is that given the deterioration of my knee, I'm going to Need a replacement sometime down the road. I'm sitting here at the hospital waiting to be discharged so I can go and sleep in MY bed. Trying to sleep in a hospital bed SUCKS!!

oh and contrary to what LadyGhost said. I WASN'T CRANKY! LOL

I'm glad to hear you're doing all right Greg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom