Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The gazebo is a nice place to sit and watch the people and time go by. Daughter got married there a few years ago. Back in 2008 when the lake flooded, the water was up to the roof.

The weather was beautiful. It was a bit windy. There were a couple of guys fishing, and a Mexican lady just came and sat near us for a while without saying anything, and then left. It was very relaxing.

[video=youtube;STmRYJIPd-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmRYJIPd-w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Okay I am officially done buying 22 ammo for a bit... My wife is going to kick the **** out of me lol

On a side note I just ordered my INGO hat. Looks like there are about 20 or so left for those who want to order one.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Lowell high school teachers are trying to figure out how best to cope with the accident on Friday evening that claimed the mother of one of the brightest students in the school.

Pretend they did not hear about it, and don't bring it up. Act like it is just another day. Show that the world does not stop spinning for one person. Also, give the student three days without homework.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pretend they did not hear about it, and don't bring it up. Act like it is just another day. Show that the world does not stop spinning for one person. Also, give the student three days without homework.

Yeah, that probably won't work too well.

The student was very probably driving the car in which her mother died. So the student is probably an emotional wreck right now and may be screwed up for life. This is a really smart kid, really smart. And its also possible she caused the accident. So the teachers are rightly concerned about the mental health of the student.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well was she the one that turned or not?

It appears she turned? Or went straight across?

The questions are: Did the other car run a red light? Or did she turn in front of the oncoming car (or cross 41 while driving West to East on Belshaw) when the oncoming car had a green light?

What I have been able to determine from multiple sources at the school is that the damage is to the passenger side of her car and the crash occured at the intersection. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that the northbound car hit the car the girl was driving and that the girl was traveling EAST on Belshaw across 41 (implying damage to the passenger side).

But honestly I'm not inclined to worry about who is to blame at this point.

The 2 people in the other car were released from the hospital the same night, so they survived, probably sore and probably will recover completely. Their car will be replaced by an insurance company. But there is a dead mother of 3 from Lowell and a daughter who may have caused an accident in which her mother died and I'm more worried about the aftermath of the accident and how it will affect this 16 year old girl, her father, and the 2 other children in the family. Nobody wins in this situation, and laying blame on the daughter will not help this family heal.

It should be noted that the Chicago news media is now reporting some information on this. It provides some of the information that contradicts what the teachers got from their sources. So at this point its still anyone's guess.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    A bit more information has come out, this came out of the Chicago media.

It appears the 'other' car was traveling northbound on US41. US41 is a 4 lane divided rural highway. It appears my fencer's car was traveling eastbound on Belshaw road which is a 2 lane rural road.

It is now reported by 2 major Chicago media sources that the northbound vehicle hit the eastbound vehicle.

That means that the eastbound vehicle had already crossed 2 southbound lanes and a center median strip before it was struck by the northbound vehicle.

The Eastbound vehicle was driven by the 16 yo girl, it was struck on the passenger side.

From that description I am HOPING that it was the Northbound vehicle that struck the Eastbound vehicle by running a red light. I'd hate to have the 16yo girl carrying guilt with her for her whole life if it was her fault that her mom died while she was driving the car.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So decided I'm never going to be able to find the perfect piece of land for shooting so..... Should I join the porter county gun club or Michigan city rifle club? Have some ar's I would like to shoot at something other then paper. Skeet would be nice too. I would like to be able to take my daughter or a guest from time to time. I will mainly shoot on Sunday's afternoon would be fine since I know both places have events that day usually. Any thoughts from anyone here on which would be better?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom