• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    For profit breeders are idiots. Hobby breeders are idiots too. I'm amazed at the igorance of so many people who buy a pure-bred dog and assume they have a great candidate for breeding. Most animals are bad candidates for breeding.

I also think that many 'show breeders' are changing the way dogs look, by highly selective breeding. Malamutes and Akitas have increased in size due to show breeders trying to get larger and larger dogs. Much to the detriment of the breeds. Hip and health problems are far more common.

I am more concered about getting a clean OFA certification.
    I declined to show my current Belgian Sheepdog for confirmation because he was not to breed standard IMO (and in all reality...) due to some white on the paws. Breeder pitched a hissy fit and said that's what "just for men beard dye is for"...
    Not in my name. Then the neuter argument... Way to hold up breed standard... But I hope the next one (if there is one) doesn't have epilepsy like this one and the last one.
    And I totally agree with you Bob. Just in my preferred breed alone there are now 2 distinct head structures based on "euro style" or "American style".

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :ingo: T-shirt sighting in Moss Pawn & Gun video:
    [video=youtube_share;xwyqJjeRWqQ]http://youtu.be/xwyqJjeRWqQ[/video]

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anybody willing to let me come shoot at their place this weekend? I feel the need to get out and shoot, but don't want to deal with the public.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Mutts rule! Flush out that gene pool.

Ava is having trouble walking again. She gets all excited that she is feeling better and picks wrestling matches with her big brother. She proceeds to gets her butt kicked. Vet tomorrow.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I declined to show my current Belgian Sheepdog for confirmation because he was not to breed standard IMO (and in all reality...) due to some white on the paws. Breeder pitched a hissy fit and said that's what "just for men beard dye is for"...
    Not in my name. Then the neuter argument... Way to hold up breed standard... But I hope the next one (if there is one) doesn't have epilepsy like this one and the last one.
    And I totally agree with you Bob. Just in my preferred breed alone there are now 2 distinct head structures based on "euro style" or "American style".

YUP, same with the Akita breed.

Everywhere but in the USA, the Akita is now divided into 2 separate breeds: "Akita Inu" and "American Akita Dog" but here in the USA the AKC won't recognize the 2 obviously separate breeds and just refer to the breed as the Akita. The Japanese style Akita has a triangular head shape, fox like face, and a large Male weighs about 80# but the American style Akita has a blocky face, a thick nose, and males can easily top 100# for an average male.

American show breeders are destroying the Akita breed and won't admit that they are clearly changing the shape and size of the Akitas.

I cant find the post about the Brisket that was at the Porter county fair...... Where was that at again? Im at the Lake Fair now
    It was PORKY'S and he is NOT going to be at the Lake County Fair.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Tyler and I will be at the Steel plate challenge at North Porter County conservation club in Chesterton. Sign-ups start at 8 AM Saturday

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Spent 3 days installing a hardwood (actually Bamboo) floor in the living room and dining room at my Godson's parent's home. I'm in a lot of pain, muscles I didn't know I had are hurting. Sitting down with a Glencairn glass of BEER BARREL bourbon. Hoping the bourbon takes a bit of the edge off the pain and dulls it a bit.

If anyone ever installs a Bamboo floor be sure to wear gloves, lots of tiny slivers. Bamboo is a grass, yet it is several times harder than Oak flooring, and the wood splinters easily, so lots of opportunities for slivers.

Project is 98% done, last trim/transition pieces have to be installed, but they didn't purchase the right pieces so I couldn't install them. Hopefully go back there in a week or 2 and finish it up, presuming they buy what I told they they need to buy.

I like dogs.

They can be kind of stringy, but with the right sauce they're ok.

Purple or no? You decide.
    But it has to be grilled, not broiled or pan fried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom