• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got my wife’s and my badges yesterday. Did anybody notice the smell? I sliced open the padded envelope and looked inside. Got a really strong chemical odor from it. I didn’t keel over so it apparently wasn’t serious!

Matt

Got mine yesterday too. The odor was certainly noticeable. My first thought was cheap lanyards and badge holders from China.

Received mine yesterday and yes, noticed the odor right away.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA is in booth #1. We should get Kirk to negotiate personalized passes and better smelling packing materials.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ISRPA is in booth #1. We should get Kirk to negotiate personalized passes and better smelling packing materials.

We could just put our INGO usernames on them instead of real names... "Hello, My INGO username is: " I'm putting Trigger Time on mine, should make it more interesting, I'm expecting some ladies to slap me, some men to want to shake my hand, and some random death threats.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got my 2 credential packets (no way the wife will go but eh). Stinky things too!

I also got an email & call from the volunteer coordinators. I'm in again as a Firearms Safety Inspector. Best volunteer job there is imo. Just remember who fondled those weapons when you see the little tag on the trigger guards. :):

The airgun booth is fun to work at as well. Not sure if I'll do that again or not (NRA instructors only work that one).

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just for the record, the no-name badges were used at the Dallas NRAAM last May.

I can't remember if I got mine ahead of time or picked it up at the meeting. This year I think I'll wait until I get there. If I have it mailed to me it's just one more thing to lose before I get there.

There were a handful of protestors outside...in the rain...and a truck driving around claiming the Russians funded the NRA or something to that effect. Nobody paid any attention to them, and as far as I know, none of them attempted to come in. All the Dallas security people, as well as the other convention hall staff, were noticeably cheerful and polite.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Any thoughts on parking and traffic for Friday? With Trump coming to Lucas Oil, it may be interesting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone dare me to heckle Trump while wearing a “come and take it” bump stock shirt?

Do it! I'll reimburse you the quarter for your one phone call. :):

I just dont think the NRA cares. This isnt a money maker for them i dont think. I really doubt they care if people give their passes away or whatever.

Oh, its a money maker all right. How many folks sign up to go? *raises hand* I let my membership lapse a long time ago. I only renewed to go to the meeting the last time they were in town, and only renewed again so I could go. I'm positive I'm not the only person that joined just for this. So they make money AND get a boost in membership. And not that we have access to the data, but I'm sure if we did, we would find a spike in new members every year within driving distance of that particular meeting venue.

Got mine yesterday too. The odor was certainly noticeable. My first thought was cheap lanyards and badge holders from China.

Received mine yesterday and yes, noticed the odor right away.

Yeah. I have mine hanging in the laundry room airing out. Whoo boy! I'll probably hang them in the sun tomorrow on the back deck to bake it out. I couldnt imagine wandering around with that smell wafting up all day. Though it could mask the body odor from my fellow attendees. As I recall the last time it was in Indy it wasnt as bad as the gun show crowd, but there were a few ripe ones interspersed throughout.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I plan on a very early morning, probably find parking and a place to have breakfast done and over with before the doors open.

Thinking similar. Not sure of the best areas to park as I am often downtown during the week, but park in a company owned lot and not right in the area of the convention center. Guess I'll just see what's around there early and park. Need to review again and see what time the doors open.

Edit: Looks like 9 AM on Friday

https://www.nraam.org/attend/

[h=4]Exhibit Hall Hours[/h] Apr 26, Friday
    9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Apr 27, Saturday
    9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Apr 28, Sunday
    10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Any thoughts on parking and traffic for Friday? With Trump coming to Lucas Oil, it may be interesting.

I plan on a very early morning, probably find parking and a place to have breakfast done and over with before the doors open.

A bit of a walk but last time I parked in a lot just north of Shapiros. Went for a lox and bagel and then hit the show.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Me too, such as the credentials are.. Don't throw them away by mistake. No name or NRA ID number on them with small print saying this is your credentials.

Yeah that was confusing for me, it also doesn't fit correctly/completely into the badge holder so that made it more confusing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We could just put our INGO usernames on them instead of real names... "Hello, My INGO username is: " I'm putting Trigger Time on mine, should make it more interesting, I'm expecting some ladies to slap me, some men to want to shake my hand, and some random death threats.

Mostly death threats.

:)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Got my our tickets yesterday, Going Friday, stay in hotel, going back Saturday!! We went to the convention in Louisville in '16, for one day, didn't see every thing but got to see Gunny Ermey, but didn't wait in line to meet him though. Going to stand in line for Chuck Norris though!! First thing to do is get a bag, to carry all the cool crap they give out! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got my our tickets yesterday, Going Friday, stay in hotel, going back Saturday!! We went to the convention in Louisville in '16, for one day, didn't see every thing but got to see Gunny Ermey, but didn't wait in line to meet him though. Going to stand in line for Chuck Norris though!! First thing to do is get a bag, to carry all the cool crap they give out! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Is it worth bringing a backpack for swag and purchases and other stuff?

Top Bottom