• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've got some free swag from the last Indy show and a Midway USA badge holder thingy as a souvenir. :alright:

I've considered joining too.I think you can do it without getting their magazines and "free gifts".
    The NRA-ILA possibly gets more money that way if it's not wasted on shipping, chinese-made hat with 37 starts "us flag" and stuff like that.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've got some free swag from the last Indy show and a Midway USA badge holder thingy as a souvenir. :alright:

I've considered joining too.I think you can do it without getting their magazines and "free gifts".
    The NRA-ILA possibly gets more money that way if it's not wasted on shipping, chinese-made hat with 37 starts "us flag" and stuff like that.

My wife is an associate member and that does not include the magazine. $10-$15 a year. But I don’t know if that is an option for everyone. I am an endowment member so magazine comes every month. She is also an NRA RSO so it really just all goes together.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My wife is an associate member and that does not include the magazine. $10-$15 a year. But I don’t know if that is an option for everyone. I am an endowment member so magazine comes every month. She is also an NRA RSO so it really just all goes together.

Well if the associate membership is just for the spouse of a member then it makes sense that they are not sending the same magazines to the same address.
    I think the associate status is just so you can bring your spouse or kids to shows.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

If you want swag from NRA ill be happy to send you some from this year.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Is it worth bringing a backpack for swag and purchases and other stuff?

Nice to have but keep it low profile, as in slim and close to the body. The floor can get really crowded, particularly Saturday and you don't want to be swinging around hitting people with a protruding backpack.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got my our tickets yesterday, Going Friday, stay in hotel, going back Saturday!! We went to the convention in Louisville in '16, for one day, didn't see every thing but got to see Gunny Ermey, but didn't wait in line to meet him though. Going to stand in line for Chuck Norris though!! First thing to do is get a bag, to carry all the cool crap they give out! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Same. I saw Gunny, but didn't wait in line.
    :(

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nice to have but keep it low profile, as in slim and close to the body. The floor can get really crowded, particularly Saturday and you don't want to be swinging around hitting people with a protruding backpack.

Yep, it will either be my Glock backpack or another low profile one I have.

Thanks for the info guys.

Another question, is there any food directly on the exhibition hall floor area?

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    For those non members who would like to attend there is a cheap way to do so.

At this link

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342

click on other memberships. And choose "Associate Membership". It will only cost $10.00. You get the card and all other benefits just no magazine.

Give it a week and call NRA Member Services and ask for your membership number.

Then you can go here

https://prereg.nraam.org/

and preregister. You can request badges from there. You can request multiple badges per membership. They state a member can badge a spouse and up to 5 children who reside with you.

If you were to request 4 badges it would put access at $2.50/person. At the door it has been $10.00/person without a membership.

Has anybody done the associate membership and recieved their membership number, etc ? I applied for one about 10 days ago for someone else and was thinking I will probably have to make the call for the number. I'm curious how hard it will be to gain access into the show with just a number.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, it will either be my Glock backpack or another low profile one I have.

Thanks for the info guys.

Another question, is there any food directly on the exhibition hall floor area?

IIRC, at the last one they had a "food court" type of area set up (possibly more than one). I wasn't paying close attention though since I wasn't looking for anything to eat. I spent most of my time looking for displays of "old" guns. By the time I found that little area I was pretty much over it and just wanted to get out of there.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    How about parking recommendations. I have a meeting the day before so I'll be coming down from Fishers. Looping in on I70 to Meridian there appears to be a garage at Meridian and Maryland.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Has anybody done the associate membership and recieved their membership number, etc ? I applied for one about 10 days ago for someone else and was thinking I will probably have to make the call for the number. I'm curious how hard it will be to gain access into the show with just a number.

Not associate membership, but when I joined, I emailed like a day or 2 after I joined and was able to receive my membership number and use it on the pre-registration page for my annual meeting credentials.

I believe you should be able to log in on line (at least with a regular membership) after they supply the membership number, then you can print a paper card I believe from the site where you can manage your membership ( https://nramemberservices.org/ )

That was back about 3rd week of Feb. This was the address I emailed:
    membership@nrahq.org

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The convention center has their food booths throughout

IIRC, at the last one they had a "food court" type of area set up (possibly more than one). I wasn't paying close attention though since I wasn't looking for anything to eat. I spent most of my time looking for displays of "old" guns. By the time I found that little area I was pretty much over it and just wanted to get out of there.

Thanks guys, I forgot the convention center had those food court/booths (only been in the convention center for a few events, and on some of those the convention center food places were not fully open). Probably just better to eat somewhere else downtown, I'm guessing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We could just put our INGO usernames on them instead of real names... "Hello, My INGO username is: " I'm putting Trigger Time on mine, should make it more interesting, I'm expecting some ladies to slap me, some men to want to shake my hand, and some random death threats.
    I can see it now, paternity suits, angry husbands and fathers, bail enforcement agents, and assless chaps on dudes hanging all over you! Oh wait, that’s probably Churchmouse?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks guys, I forgot the convention center had those food court/booths (only been in the convention center for a few events, and on some of those the convention center food places were not fully open). Probably just better to eat somewhere else downtown, I'm guessing.

When I went to the last one, I ate lunch at a table with Jerry Miculek. I don't get starstruck because to me they are all just people like us, but it was kinda cool to meet someone of his ability.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When I went to the last one, I ate lunch at a table with Jerry Miculek. I don't get starstruck because to me they are all just people like us, but it was kinda cool to meet someone of his ability.

I got to take a leak in the urninal beside Jim Scoutten. He told me “no autographs”. Seemed appropriate at the time.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Carry Questions

per website:
    Is concealed carry allowed at the Show?

During the 148[SUP]th[/SUP] NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, the carry of personal firearms will be permitted in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium, with the proper license in accordance with Indiana law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all Federal, state and local laws.

I am only planning going to Exhibit floor so no issues with President and Secret Service. LTCH and concealed carry (my preference).

1?) I am shopping for a holster. Can I carry a second, unloaded gun (maybe with a chamber flag) to test out holsters? Do all the vendors have blue guns? Other recommendations? What are the etiquette/safety rules beyond the regular four rules?

2?) Outside convention center are there any illegal Gun Free Zones downtown? Probably just out for dinner and maybe buying a non-gun related trinket for my wife.

3?) Should I wear my gold Concealed Carry Badge on my shirt like a Sheriff so everyone knows how cool I am?

edit: forgot the purple ink.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Carry Questions

per website:

I am only planning going to Exhibit floor so no issues with President and Secret Service. LTCH and concealed carry (my preference).

1?) I am shopping for a holster. Can I carry a second, unloaded gun (maybe with a chamber flag) to test out holsters? Do all the vendors have blue guns? Other recommendations? What are the etiquette/safety rules beyond the regular four rules?

2?) Outside convention center are there any illegal Gun Free Zones downtown? Probably just out for dinner and maybe buying a non-gun related trinket for my wife.

3?) Should I wear my gold Concealed Carry Badge on my shirt like a Sheriff so everyone knows how cool I am?

1: if you unholster a gun you will be removed, so flag or no flag that's a bad idea.

2: the only real worry is the gov center a few blocks north. Which includes the garage on senate and I believe Washington Street.

3 absolutely if you wanna be made fun of.

Top Bottom