• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Mine came today. Like others no name tags like I received last time NRA was in Indy and Louisville. Not that names would have stopped it but what keeps me from just giving the passes to anyone?

Apparently nothing, which is why I'm not enthusiastic about it. Showing your name makes it easier to talk to people. It also one of the layers of defense that makes the NRA convention safe. There are people who are motivated to get in and cause problems/embarrassment for the NRA that like to show up and protest every year. Nope, not enthusiastic at all.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Apparently nothing, which is why I'm not enthusiastic about it. Showing your name makes it easier to talk to people. It also one of the layers of defense that makes the NRA convention safe. There are people who are motivated to get in and cause problems/embarrassment for the NRA that like to show up and protest every year. Nope, not enthusiastic at all.
    The Mad Moms might break two dozen this year.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some people don't want their name plastered on their chest for the world to see, especially when you're there for a gun convention. And especially in the age where every swinging dick thinks he's a photo journalists and internet youtuber and just walks around filming everyone 24/7. Just like we dont want the state publishing people with a carry license. These Nti-gun commie whackos will start showing up at our homes or crooks too

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Some people don't want their name plastered on their chest for the world to see, especially when you're there for a gun convention. And especially in the age where every swinging dick thinks he's a photo journalists and internet youtuber and just walks around filming everyone 24/7. Just like we dont want the state publishing people with a carry license. These Nti-gun commie whackos will start showing up at our homes or crooks too

I figure I am already on every list there is.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Easy enough to handle. Display first name, last initial. It is used in many contexts and works well for the purpose.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I just dont think the NRA cares. This isnt a money maker for them i dont think. I really doubt they care if people give their passes away or whatever.

Don't buy it. If they didn't care, then they wouldn't limit it to NRA members. It would just be an open gun show. Part of the success of the NRA annual meetings is that they are safe. NRA members are some of the most law abiding people in the country. Making it easy for delusional anti-gunners to get in is not a formula for keeping the convention safe and out of the news.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't buy it. If they didn't care, then they wouldn't limit it to NRA members. It would just be an open gun show. Part of the success of the NRA annual meetings is that they are safe. NRA members are some of the most law abiding people in the country. Making it easy for delusional anti-gunners to get in is not a formula for keeping the convention safe and out of the news.
    Im safe because i carry a gun and know how to protect myself. I dont ever feel safe just because some organizer or the cops tell me the got it covered. I agree most NRA members are very law abiding members of society but i wouldnt leave my wallet on a table there just like i wouldnt any other show. Not everyone there is a member either. You have workers and volunteers and convention center staff and guests of members.and the named badges never made any difference either because they never checked ID when I went before.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My wife got her lanyard and incredibly generic credentials yesterday.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I got my wife’s and my badges yesterday. Did anybody notice the smell? I sliced open the padded envelope and looked inside. Got a really strong chemical odor from it. I didn’t keel over so it apparently wasn’t serious!

Matt

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I got my wife’s and my badges yesterday. Did anybody notice the smell? I sliced open the padded envelope and looked inside. Got a really strong chemical odor from it. I didn’t keel over so it apparently wasn’t serious!

Matt

Got mine yesterday too. The odor was certainly noticeable. My first thought was cheap lanyards and badge holders from China.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Curious if Cabot will have their meteorite 1911s on display again like the Louisville show. Absolutely love those got some great up close pictures last time.

HNvpi2W.jpg

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Come by and see The American Thompson Association with "They Were There". Documented historical Thompsons from BabyFace Nelson to Military guns. Say hi, as I will be in the booth. Should be fun.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Received my credentials yesterday as well. Like others, I was disappointed that they were not personalized. What was the point of preregistration if they are just sending out generic passes? Heck, what's the point of the lanyards if they are just going let every T, D & H in the doors? I thought I remember the Louisville show having personalized passes with colored ribbons for different membership levels.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Received my credentials yesterday as well. Like others, I was disappointed that they were not personalized. What was the point of preregistration if they are just sending out generic passes? Heck, what's the point of the lanyards if they are just going let every T, D & H in the doors? I thought I remember the Louisville show having personalized passes with colored ribbons for different membership levels.

I still have mine from last time at Indy and Louisville. Both just as generic as this years.

Top Bottom