• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Agree, Sunday is the day the vendors are passing out everything so they do not have to pack up. Last meeting in Indy I went Friday,Saturday and Sunday and got about 16 Tshirts and most swag on Sunday. CANT wait till it comes back to Indy
    I guess I was wrong.
    Going to St. Louis twice, Milwaukee, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Nashville, and Indy doesn't qualify me to comment.
    How stupid I am.
    Thanks for the corrections guys.
    I apologize for being such an idiot.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    View attachment 47183

blue falcon

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR

Believe me, it is worth $25 ... Just to drool, it's worth the $25!

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by 87iroc

Especially when you see men in kilts!

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by VERT

I will pay $25 not to see that. Trust me! Nobody needs to see that!!!!

oh and my badges came today. No names on them.

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR

So... You either owe me $25 or I'm wearing mine... :p

:lol2: :whistle:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I'll be there Sunday working the Youth Day where Revere's Riders is the official staff sponsor. If anyone has children, bring them by the Youth Day. Lots of cool stuff set up there and lots of prizes. Gives parents a chance to take a load off while the kids play. You'll also get the chance to meet several Revere's Riders INGO folks.

I'd encourage everyone to check out the seminars and special presentations. Haven't seen much about them from anyone and I don't think most people even realize they're going on. You can meet the big names in the industry and learn a bunch. Plus, they're usually free and you can go to as many as your time allows. The special presentations this year on "The guns of Pearl Harbor" and "Sniping in Vietnam" should be extra good. Marty KA Morgan and Maj. John Plaster are two of the best oratory historians I've ever heard. Well worth the time to attend their presentations.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I am a strong proponent of using the restroom that you are comfortable with...just sayin'.

It has extra pockets. OMG....its a tactical kilt. If it was black, people would faint at the sight of it! <they may already though>

My family heritage is of Scottish decent... Where men are men and :sheep: are scared!

This is my 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Believe it or not, every time I've worn it I've been asked by ladies for a photo and had people who recognize it as a TDK give me props... even with my white legs... LoL

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    It has extra pockets. OMG....its a tactical kilt. If it was black, people would faint at the sight of it! <they may already though>

OMG< I almost spit my beer on the screen from laughing.

Anyway, I'll be there Saturday (and maybe Sunday if I feel froggy). I'll be staying at my nice cozy home about 15 minutes NW of the sight.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My wife and I are going. Firearms are allowed, subject to Kentucky's laws. Also, Secret Service areas are gun-free zones. KY has rules like no guns allowed where alcoholic beverages are sold, etc. Check the state and local regs before going. This is spelled out on NRA's NRAAM page a little over halfway down the page. https://www.nraam.org/ Another good source is http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

Firearms Carry Policy
    During the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted at Annual Meeting venues including the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), KFC Yum! Center Arena, and Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) in accordance with Kentucky law. Firearms and knives will be prohibited in any areas temporarily under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Secret Service. When carrying your firearm, please remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

Will anybody be attending the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum Presented by Townhall Media/Bearing Arms? If so, will you have to disarm and what will you do with your gun?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Firearms Carry Policy
    During the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted at Annual Meeting venues including the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), KFC Yum! Center Arena, and Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) in accordance with Kentucky law. Firearms and knives will be prohibited in any areas temporarily under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Secret Service. When carrying your firearm, please remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

Will anybody be attending the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum Presented by Townhall Media/Bearing Arms? If so, will you have to disarm and what will you do with your gun?

We should all avoid those venues.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Firearms Carry Policy

I'm avoiding the Leadership Forum for this reason. In '14 they had a few TVs with the feed in the Convention Hall.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm trying to get there opening day in the morning, what is the parking situation there.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Parking was better than most of the other venues.
    They had really huge lots all around the center.
    Last time, we were able to park pretty close to one of the doors and walk into the hall.
    I think it was $8 for the day.
    We are planning on taking a cooler for lunch stuff and eat out at the truck.
    Much cheaper than buying food inside.
    There is a map of the parking lot with info here: Kentucky Exposition Center ? Parking & Directions

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I heard there is a toll for the bridge now. Is that true? How much? Is it a clusterf... to roll through the toll booths?

Can't imagine it being too much worse than the never ending construction that has been going on the last decade.

Top Bottom