Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    When looking at college housing, it was astounding what was being presented multiple times. Seemed the better the location, the worse it was.
    I remember walking up stairs in on with mice traps and clumps of dog hair everywhere. Seriously? For a showing.
    Guaranteed there was something in the carpet.
    My brother had the means to buy a condo in Bloomington after the first year of college for my nephew. Later two of them lived in it and when they finished school he sold it for a profit.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I have been shooting for 40+ years and have taken classes before. An outfit called Legal Heat was going to have a carry class at the Hammond Cabelas last weekend so I signed up just for a refresher. I go to the store earlier than the appointed time because they say be on time. Four others and I waited outside the conference room and waited, and waited. It wasn't until almost and hour later a store employee told us the class was cancelled because there weren't enough people signed up and was rescheduled for Sept 16. I told them it was BS, I have something else going on that weekend and of course their disclaimer says no refunds. You can take a rescheduled date. I get home and only then did I receive an e-mail informing of the cancellation. Be careful of dealing with Legal Heat.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If anyone can use 44x29 jeans, I have two pair of these Lees new with tags for $10 each (they are currently on sale for $41.99). I bought them and lost weight before I got them hemmed. I'm in a 40 now. Hit me up if you are interested.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have been shooting for 40+ years and have taken classes before. An outfit called Legal Heat was going to have a carry class at the Hammond Cabelas last weekend, so I signed up just for a refresher. I go to the store earlier than the appointed time because they say be on time. Four others and I waited outside the conference room and waited and waited. It wasn't until almost and hour later a store employee told us the class was cancelled because there weren't enough people signed up and was rescheduled for Sept 16. I told them it was BS, I have something else going on that weekend and of course their disclaimer says no refunds. You can take a rescheduled date. I get home and only then did I receive an e-mail informing of the cancellation. Be careful of dealing with Legal Heat.
    We are working out dates and time still but should have 2 more survival classes coming up October 7th. and November 11th. at Blythes in Griffith. Classes presented by Live Free USA by James C. Jones. Pretty good classes and no cost. You can check out more at our website at www.americansurvivor.org

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You won't regret it... I think I have about a thousand rounds through mine so far and it eats everything and hasn't had any failures that weren't ammo related or human mistakes... The fire breather is good to go...

Attachments

• smithmp22mag0359.jpg
      smithmp22mag0359.jpg
      180.8 KB · Views: 5

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got to love the popcorn ceilings! How the heck did that ever become a thing?

Actually it is a sound deadening thing that was first used in multi-level dwellings. Flat surfaces reflect sound. The popcorn ceilings break up the reflection of sounds and help to deaden it. There are better ways/technologies to do that now, but in the 'good old days' that was a game changers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Let’s not all point fingers at the landlords without taking into account this landlord has suffered years of abuse by privileged spoiled first time alone children. And the rental cost is supply and demand just like anything else…. There’s a reason you can buy a 3000sqft house around us for the same price as it costs to rent a closet in NYC.

***Not taking either side just offering up a different view***
    Honestly I think the residents will respond to a sh!++y landlord in kind. If the property owner shows no respect then he gets no respect. If he maintains, and if he corrects situations, then the residents respond.

* FWIW, I own a 10 building residential complex and other multi-unit properties. The smallest property I own has 20 units. "Slum" buildings and complexes simply need better management.

"Spoiled first time alone children..." have parents that co-sign those leases. Slap a parent and the kid falls in line pretty fast. Indiana has pretty strong laws protecting the landlord, it is one reason I own properties in Indiana, not in states like Illinois.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And this is why, especially in these college complexes, landlords have parents co-sign. Because there are damage clauses that can claw back that money pretty easily in civil court.

Gotcha I didn’t know that but also chasing down every $500 in court doesn’t seem feasible either? All I was saying is there are two sides to every story.

Did you have to co-sign for this place also??

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom