Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    5 guys has always been a rip off.
    Tasteless OVER PRICED burgers.
    My first and last visit to 5 guys was in Schererville, and my strongest memories are peanuts all over and In A Gadda Da Vida playing at ear-splitting volume. Food was just blah.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Hyundai is pretty much the same car as the KIA, and I do love mine. All wheel drive means more power. YAY! The car mags love it.

My biggest issue with the Tesla was the lack of a dashboard. I do not like the looking to the right for everything. A heads up display would have made it better in my mind.
    Damn. They have really come down in price.
    The Fisker Ocean fixes the Tesla problems, adds 80 miles of range to the Ionic 5 and looks better than both. But we are leaning toward the Ionic 5 with the Ocean in 2nd spot (only because of some unanswered questions)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Fisker Ocean fixes the Tesla problems, adds 80 miles of range to the Ionic 5 and looks better than both. But we are leaning toward the Ionic 5 with the Ocean in 2nd spot (only because of some unanswered questions)
    I can understand hesitating on a brand new model.

Do you have a 50A outlet in the garage already?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I can understand hesitating on a brand new model.

Do you have a 50A outlet in the garage already?
    Nope, but the fusebox is easily accessible on the opposite side of the garage wall. So drill a hole and run the pipe, no biggie.

The Tesla is probably the "best" choice based on price, availability, range, value and objective criteria like luggage/storage capacity. But damn it's pretty much butt ugly. Sort of like Jedi; has his/its(?) redeeming qualities but needs a bag on his/its head to look at.

Fisker Ocean is a couple grand more, lots of horsepower, even more range, some fun features, some very cool features and good looking too. But no dealer network, service network, incomplete software, etc

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope, but the fusebox is easily accessible on the opposite side of the garage wall. So drill a hole and run the pipe, no biggie.

The Tesla is probably the "best" choice based on price, availability, range, value and objective criteria like luggage/storage capacity. But damn it's pretty much butt ugly. Sort of like Jedi; has his/its(?) redeeming qualities but needs a bag on his/its head to look at.

Fisker Ocean is a couple grand more, lots of horsepower, even more range, some fun features, some very cool features and good looking too. But no dealer network, service network, incomplete software, etc
    Agree on the Tesla.

That Fisker has a big battery. Looks like the faster one is almost as fast as my KIA. HP and torque are pretty close. Looks like it weighs around 700lbs more though.

It only has 200V DC max charging. That would be a lot slower if you charge away from home, something I have yet to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My first and last visit to 5 guys was in Schererville, and my strongest memories are peanuts all over and In A Gadda Da Vida playing at ear-splitting volume. Food was just blah.
    The burgers are big it is a lot of meat they give you but it's flavorless and that is the issue.

jedi does not expect it to taste like mcd, or bk or wendy or Schoop's or restaurant xyz but it should taste like something yet it does not.

So for that price point tasteless meat is just gross.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It is called emt conduit not "pipe".
    But it's understandable u south of us30 don't know the formal term. Credit at least cause u do understand it should be in emt conduit and not just running the wires like someone else had done here on this thread. ;)

If you are going with a 50amp circuit you will need to run 6 awg guage wire. 2 hots and 1 ground similar to what you AC connection has. However, if it was jedi run at least 5 wires. 2 hots, 2 neutrals and 1 ground in cause you ever change that outlet to something else you have the neutrals already.

jedi would have to look it up but suspect that the new code requires the neutral even when it's a 240v circuit be run anyways.

In any case your emt conduit for 3 wires will have to be 3/4 inch or greater. For 5 wires you will need 1 inch or greater.

Again go with the 1 inch to allow for future expansion.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    you should probably crush up some moth balls and get it in with the wire run so you don't have to replace it in a year or two... You could cap off each entry point of the pipe with some rubberized caulk to maybe keep the rodents out of there too...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, they're starting Covid part 2 now.
    Of course, in time with the elections.

So when they talk about shutting down the economy and sending people money to send home, and then yell at you for "just worrying about the economy"... :xmad:
    Just remember what it got us now.

Anyone thing the 2nd time is going to be LESS gentle?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

So when they talk about shutting down the economy and sending people money to send home, and then yell at you for "just worrying about the economy"... :xmad:

Fund the hello kitty death star.
    it can ensure all of this goes away.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I guess I should consider myself lucky that they considered us essential business, printing. We do some work for local government and hospitals and such. It only cost us $750k in sales. Many people lost their hopes and dreams and life work. It will be an interesting study of human behavior if they try it again. Will Americans stand up and say enough? I don't know.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Every electric car discussion be like

"I don't want a Tesla, they're so ugly. I much prefer the -insert some stupid car name-"
    And it looks like Homer Simpson designed it

TheHomer (1).png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom