Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I might have managed Tavern at one point along with some guest bartending here and there. Honestly probably one of the better places food wise on the square, but yes almost always loud and crowded. True CP was pretty bad food wise but great cocktails, from what I’ve heard it’ll be a Rivera Maya (same owners). Square roots and Misfits are the same owners but I think Misfits has better food and drinks. Public Rec is fun but haven’t eaten there or at the Grilled Cheese place. Ricochet is always solid as well. Ramen and Provecho are very niche but can be good depending on the day and appetite.

Just my :2cents: on the square.
    I want to try Provecho

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Umi and Battista's are probably the only 2 places in CP i've never been disappointed with; not taking cost into consideration... Was never impressed with sq roots, drinks were terrible, food was executed poorly and highly overpriced for what it was but who am I to disagree with all the soccer moms. No desire to even try misfits honestly. Never had tru, never heard anything good about it. Lucrezia has been solid over the years - there's a reason they are still there. Off square used to excel in food, but i think they have slipped quite a bit and cut the menu. I heard they didn't want to be known for the food, rather notoriety for the beer. Who knows. I've always thought 3 monkeys had reliable bar food. Some places you have to be lucky the day you go or with what you order... since 80% of the staff give zero F's about anything other than working as little as possible for obscene amounts of tip money. Speaking of obscene - it's now like $11 for a schoops burger. That's like 2 tablespoons of meat. I seem to have bad luck a lot of time going out or a minimum it's probably that i'm pretty critical because I worked as a chef in my younger years.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    . . . Speaking of obscene - it's now like $11 for a schoops burger. That's like 2 tablespoons of meat.
    And it's all crispy and dried out. Never been a fan of their burgers. I do like their chicken strips. Big pieces of tender white meat with a nice crisp crust.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ... - it's now like $11 for a schoops burger. That's like 2 tablespoons of meat. I seem to have bad luck a lot of time going out or a minimum it's probably that i'm pretty critical because I worked as a chef in my younger years.
    A week ago I had a double cheeseburger at the Munster Schoop's, I think it was $12.95. I don't think they downsized the burger, and it was juicy in the middle and crispy on the edges.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I think we gave off square legit 7 trys.. The first couple were actually decent.. Took a break.. Then tried it again several times and all terrible...

3 monkeys was great. Well still go for a burger but ever since they changed their triple corned beef sandwich in super upset... It used to be brisket cut thick slices and an actual rueben you'd make at home... Now it's deli shaved corned beef... What a super upset that was.

Byway is one of the top ones in the area but they took off my favorite dish... It was a bone in chicken dish served over fries with hamhock gravy it was was supreme...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A week ago I had a double cheeseburger at the Munster Schoop's, I think it was $12.95. I don't think they downsized the burger, and it was juicy in the middle and crispy on the edges.
    It depends on the location.
    Highland location use to be good but jedi thinks the cook has changed as the burgers are now meh from there.

Hammond location, expanded menu, is always a toss up. The burger seems smaller than other locations but juicy. The price has increased.

Munster, original location, agree with melensdad.

The location in Schererville on us30, NORTH of us30 btw, probably is the best one. Expanded menu with 1/2 sizes and their prices have not gone up as crazy as other locations.

It's a smaller location very busy.
    Still at the current prices for going out to eat, schoops like other places are a maybe once every 2 to 3 months now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Spent the weekend in the Indy area.

Shot a steel challenge match at Atlanta Conservation Club Sat. morning.

Had dinner at my daughter's and then went to Jethro Tull concert at White River State Park. We sat in the pavilion and it's a very nice place to see a concert. Setlist:

Concert was very well engineered with great sound. Ian Anderson can still sing, the band members were all excellent. I saw Tull one other time at the Chicago Theatre in the 80's.

On Sunday my wife and I, daughter, SIL and my wife's brother and his wife ate at Cooper's Hawk on 96th. Food and service were good and $220 for six with tip, but no alcohol on that bill.

Nice weekend. Hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend also.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    PSA

If the menards ceiling fan box says install in 3 easy steps you RUN like Forest Gump the other way! Don't look back, don't get your tools, ignore whatever they say and you RUN!!!

:)

Especially if the house is pre-70s even if these was/is a current old ceiling fan in the room.

R
    U
    N

away!!! Trust me.

If you stay cause u r stubborn well then...

1. Prepare to make a bigger hole
    2. Prepare to have drywall dust everywhere
    3. Prepare to have to remove the existing box and add a new one that connects to the studs
    4. Wires lots of more wires everywhere
    5. Dust lots of dust everywhere
    6. You will need, not included, can of foam and quick set drywall putty to cover up the bigger hole
    7. Earplugs to lessen the F bombs that will occur.

:rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom