Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Dogs riled up a ground nest of yellowjackets. We all got hit. Any tips for getting rid of it tonight because the dogs are stupid and will do it again.

Wait until dark and most are in the nest. Get a rag ready, pour 1/2 pint of gas in entrance, stuff rag in tight. Do not light on fire. Fumes kill them dead. Occasionally have to repeat the next night for a big hive, but not usually. Check surrounding area for additional entrances.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've seen a squirrel pull a 2" or 3" tomato off the vine and eat half of it, leaving half on the deck rail.
    The little bastages chewed through the fuel line on my truck last year. No more releasing them and no more teasing kitty. All have a death sentence. They are everywhere and the white oak is having a bumper crop of acorns. I sit on the patio with my bow. Missed a couple by an inch or two today. Last time I put the trap out with peanut butter it didn't take 10 minutes to get one. There's a tree rat stew recipe around here somewhere.

thumbnail (6).jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The little bastages chewed through the fuel line on my truck last year. No more releasing them and no more teasing kitty. All have a death sentence. They are everywhere and the white oak is having a bumper crop of acorns. I sit on the patio with my bow. Missed a couple by an inch or two today. Last time I put the trap out with peanut butter it didn't take 10 minutes to get one. There's a tree rat stew recipe around here somewhere.

View attachment 294425
    ??? What's in the trap???

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    At at Schoop's on Ridge Rd about 2pm on Monday. That pocket west of the RR tracks and north of Ridge is not great, but the majority of the town is in good shape and still elects sane town councilmen and mostly sane school board members.
    I dang near used to live at that Schoop's, single mom and all of my siblings worked there at one point or another. If I did enough bussing tables I could go next door and get a ice cream cone at Baskins and robbins. Not to mention all the fries/chili dogs/burgers I could eat. Yes I was a fat little ****.
    I Def identify better with ghetto culture. I cannot stand white trash
    Please define white trash. A good chunk of those that I would define as such are "ghetto culture".
    Land is cheap in Gary and minimal numbers of toothless white trash
    I remember when they had the 10k tax " rebate " for first time home buyers, every telephone pole in gary had multiple ads for homes at 10k. I'm pretty sure most of them were jacking the price up.
    View attachment 293795

Make sure your home owners policy says REPLACEMENT COST not "Actual Cash Value" for the loss settlement provisions.

When you have REPLACEMENT COST say your roof gets damaged in a storm. The insurance company will pay the cost to replace the roof. If it cost 10k, they pay the 10k minus your deductible.

When you have "actual cash value" and your roof gets damage and the roof is 15 years old. The insurance company says ok new roof is 10k and last 20 years. So every year the roof losses $500 in value. (10,000 / 20 years) so your old roof lost $7500 in value. So we are ONLY going to pay $2500 for the new roof. You have to pay the rest!
    Basically they use depreciation on the item to pay less out.

I have both, and so do most people with replacement cost. They will give you ACV until you replace it. I dealt with it after house fire a few years ago.
    So, you did enjoy it.

I love a bagel with cream cheese and lox!
    I like lox smoked and not. When I did windows had a side job with my bosses uncle. His wife was going to be home and said she would feed us lunch. It was crackers and lox.She meant to be snooty, until I told her my 5 yr old daughter was on a first name basis with one of the local sushi chefs...
    We maybe go "out" to eat 3-4 times a year. Use to be monthly. Way to expensive anymore.

Fridays are carryout or delivery, which is usually a pizza from Ts or Aurelios, Gyros from George's, sandwiches from Lincolns, or burritos from San Pedro's. Can feed all 3 of us for under $30, which isn't to bad these days.

As far as nice Steakhouse or BBQ joint, I'll make that myself and it'll be 3 times better and cost 2/3 less

Definitely not a fancy or chain restaurant fan. Would most definitely prefer a dive bar with good food like Leroys for a sit down meal.
    Haven't been to leroys in years, good food but when I used go there definitely a dive bar. One of the last times I was in there the guy sitting next to me was telling the bartender how he wanted to hit me in the back of my head. But their steak garnachos were excellent.
    It depends on the location.
    Highland location use to be good but jedi thinks the cook has changed as the burgers are now meh from there.

Hammond location, expanded menu, is always a toss up. The burger seems smaller than other locations but juicy. The price has increased.

Munster, original location, agree with melensdad.

The location in Schererville on us30, NORTH of us30 btw, probably is the best one. Expanded menu with 1/2 sizes and their prices have not gone up as crazy as other locations.

It's a smaller location very busy.
    Still at the current prices for going out to eat, schoops like other places are a maybe once every 2 to 3 months now.
    Munster isn't the original location, original was in Hammond(iirc) The owner closed it and opened the Munster location. Highland used to suck when they first opened, Mark Schoop blamed it on the grill. Said it needed time to season.
    If there's one town from Nwi I'd remove and trade it for some thing else it's definitely Griffith.
    Why is that? I spent a few years in Griffith and it was good for the most part. Kinda like an upscale Cal township.
    tsk ... tsk ... freakin foodies

I've been tryin to stock up, in the hopes I might one day get to shoot something.

- 3 of those $200 dinners will get you this, and ya won't blow it out the backside before mornin.

View attachment 294328

Bet. Years ago I went in on 1k rds of 9mm with my brother, it was gone in a couple hrs.It was extremely cheap at the time, found out later why it was so cheap when the seller got fired for theft.
    I dunno about that. I suspect the one who is supposed to be smart (the corgi) was the antagonist and the dopey boxer mix and myself were just hit because we were in the vicinity.
    It's always the corgi. They are nothing more than a bigger, smarter, meaner, much cuter and loveable Chihuahua.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Combined a little new and old warfare tactics on the little ass-knifed demon spawn. Rolled up at midnight with NODs on and dumped chemical weapons in their entrenched position.

Also when it was done I stuffed a paper towel wad in the hole and danced around it to get them to really churn it up in there which is probably more Baathist Iraq behavior than German Empire but whatever works lol

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I considered sticking a hose in the hole earlier but there's the possibility a bunch of them find an air pocket and they just rebuild.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom