Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Anyone going today? I have too many irons in the fire to make this one.

View attachment 293787
    I went out of boredom. Picked up some percussion caps, 45/70 ammo from Precision Ammo and a K-bar cuz I always wanted one. Plenty of knives here but not one of those. There was a grumpy old curmudgeon on the west end selling new manufacture 45/70 ammo acting like it was collectible and don't put a scratch on the box or it will never sell. See ya. I don't deal with grumpy old curmudgeons that are ill informed. Most of the prices were ridiculous as always.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Tru sucks. Always has. Tavern is just OK, gotta get the buff chx sandwich or chicken n waffles. Square is pretty OK, but really gotta go for their burger specials even though just a frozen patty. The hot chicken is awesome.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Tru sucks. Always has. Tavern is just OK, gotta get the buff chx sandwich or chicken n waffles. Square is pretty OK, but really gotta go for their burger specials even though just a frozen patty. The hot chicken is awesome.
    Spot on. I’m not sure, but I think Bombers, as well as subpar food put the nail in the coffin of true. Culinary Misfit and Roots are owned by the same people. So basically same so-so food. But you are right burgers are good at both places. Tavern, cocktails are good but expensive. Food, could be better.
    Food suck everywhere lately. Some of my. Favorites are now… blah, and expensive. I’m within walking distance to downtown and I barely go out to eat.
    But there are still people out that rave about those places. There are people said that True closed down. So I guess it all depends on what your standard of food is and how much you are willing to spend.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I wish the ramen place was better... But we still have to go to Schererville for the best around.

Problem is everyone who eats now is an expert and wants to hashtag the place their at and say it's fantastic..

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Bombers CPT has yet to wow me like bombers Munster. Several times and I've have very salty meats or dried meats. Hopefully they figure it out. Bbq is the hardest food to serve I get it. But I feel Munster is always perfect.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ive been pretty busy the past week or so doing Red Cross virtual reunification for hte Maui wildfires. We've had nearly 3,000 requests and trying to work through tat backlog is daunting.

Just popped in to see what's going on here these days!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If I had to stop and think of a place I really wanted to eat at, I honestly would not know where. It's all too damn much and not good enough. Even fast food. Popeye's is my favorite, but two 3-wing combos comes to $23? That's too much for fast food that doesn't even fill me up.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If I had to stop and think of a place I really wanted to eat at, I honestly would not know where. It's all too damn much and not good enough. Even fast food. Popeye's is my favorite, but two 3-wing combos comes to $23? That's too much for fast food that doesn't even fill me up.

We maybe go "out" to eat 3-4 times a year. Use to be monthly. Way to expensive anymore.

Fridays are carryout or delivery, which is usually a pizza from Ts or Aurelios, Gyros from George's, sandwiches from Lincolns, or burritos from San Pedro's. Can feed all 3 of us for under $30, which isn't to bad these days.

As far as nice Steakhouse or BBQ joint, I'll make that myself and it'll be 3 times better and cost 2/3 less

Definitely not a fancy or chain restaurant fan. Would most definitely prefer a dive bar with good food like Leroys for a sit down meal.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Drove north to Crown Point, had dinner at Tavern on Main. F'ing LOUD in that place. My ears still hurt. Wallet hurts worse. 2 appetizers, 3 sandwiches, 1 salad, 3 drinks and the tab was over $215. No wonder I don't eat out much.

My sandwich was the Lobster Roll, the bread was awesome, the lobster was sub-par, probably came from a can? Honestly not worth it. But I'd gladly order the toasted bread/bun without the lobster. Dasha had a salad. Looked and tasted like a salad. The lovely wife had a Po'Boy, it was OK. Sis-in-Law had a burger.

I will say the Strawberry Moscow Mule that Dasha had was good. My Rye Old Fashioned was excellent. The lovely Mrs Bob had an espresso Martini that was good. So the drinks were better than the food.

I noticed that TRUE BBQ & WISKEY BAR was closed down, a new restaurant is moving in. Never heard much good stuff about TRUE so apparently no real loss? Never ate there so I don't know. SQUARE ROOTS was hoppin with lots of people and Tavern on Main had people waiting so clearly there are customers willing to pay for drinks & food.
    Friends of ours own tavern, agreed it’s not cheap, and it is always loud and crowded. Never had a bad meal there but that’s all subjective of course. True was never a favorite, was outrageously expensive in my opinion (never left for under $130 for two) and sometimes left mildly hungry. We do like square roots, still pricey but it’s really good.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Look up the "McDonald's Index" which will helps explain why fast food is expensive and "less filling" now a days.

:(

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    We were impressed with royale with cheese and they were pretty busy food came out reasonably though. Mad for not getting the “ghetto fries” they looked good when I saw them go to tables. $55 to feed four of us with apps and drinks not bad.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    We just did Ritz Klub. Wings 100% and burgers only 75%.. They were hand packed but man they lacked flavor and weren't cooked good.

Would go back for wings and a rueben to try.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I might have managed Tavern at one point along with some guest bartending here and there. Honestly probably one of the better places food wise on the square, but yes almost always loud and crowded. True CP was pretty bad food wise but great cocktails, from what I’ve heard it’ll be a Rivera Maya (same owners). Square roots and Misfits are the same owners but I think Misfits has better food and drinks. Public Rec is fun but haven’t eaten there or at the Grilled Cheese place. Ricochet is always solid as well. Ramen and Provecho are very niche but can be good depending on the day and appetite.

Just my :2cents: on the square.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I might have managed Tavern at one point along with some guest bartending here and there. Honestly probably one of the better places food wise on the square, but yes almost always loud and crowded. True CP was pretty bad food wise but great cocktails, from what I’ve heard it’ll be a Rivera Maya (same owners). Square roots and Misfits are the same owners but I think Misfits has better food and drinks. Public Rec is fun but haven’t eaten there or at the Grilled Cheese place. Ricochet is always solid as well. Ramen and Provecho are very niche but can be good depending on the day and appetite.

Just my :2cents: on the square.
    It's amazing how someone can put a positive spin on something while another has never said anything positive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom