Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I think we gave off square legit 7 trys.. The first couple were actually decent.. Took a break.. Then tried it again several times and all terrible...

3 monkeys was great. Well still go for a burger but ever since they changed their triple corned beef sandwich in super upset... It used to be brisket cut thick slices and an actual rueben you'd make at home... Now it's deli shaved corned beef... What a super upset that was.

Byway is one of the top ones in the area but they took off my favorite dish... It was a bone in chicken dish served over fries with hamhock gravy it was was supreme...
    Three Monkey's was great, especially their duck fat fries. Burgers always were good there. Best of all, since it was south of 30, it was not in the ghetto. Same with the Shoop's in CP. Also not in the ghetto. I used to go to the Shoops in Valpo, but as it is north of 30 and in the ghetto, I don't go to that one when I visit the parents anymore.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Three Monkey's was great, especially their duck fat fries. Burgers always were good there. Best of all, since it was south of 30, it was not in the ghetto. Same with the Shoop's in CP. Also not in the ghetto. I used to go to the Shoops in Valpo, but as it is north of 30 and in the ghetto, I don't go to that one when I visit the parents anymore.
    :nono:

We so NOT accept vaplo as part of the Ghetto. Besides its not in lake county.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    PSA

If the menards ceiling fan box says install in 3 easy steps you RUN like Forest Gump the other way! Don't look back, don't get your tools, ignore whatever they say and you RUN!!!

:)

Especially if the house is pre-70s even if these was/is a current old ceiling fan in the room.

R
    U
    N

away!!! Trust me.

If you stay cause u r stubborn well then...

1. Prepare to make a bigger hole
    2. Prepare to have drywall dust everywhere
    3. Prepare to have to remove the existing box and add a new one that connects to the studs
    4. Wires lots of more wires everywhere
    5. Dust lots of dust everywhere
    6. You will need, not included, can of foam and quick set drywall putty to cover up the bigger hole
    7. Earplugs to lessen the F bombs that will occur.

:rofl:
    Any work on a house can become a headache in a heartbeat

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

@actaeon277 - any effect on pension plan if U.S. Steel is sold?

The mills have certainly seen major changes.
    Well, short answer is... It Depends.
    I forget which contract it was, but one of the contracts split into 2 plans.
    The original "Carnegie Pension plan" from way back in the day, and some new plan.
    The new plan is supposed to be the same as the old plan, mostly.

The Carnegie Plan is independent of US Steel.
    They pay into it a certain amount per hour worked.
    They can raise how much is paid out per worker, but they can't actually take the money back for themselves.
    Several companies looked into acquiring US Steel, and raiding the pension plan, as so many companies had done.
    But.. Carnegie did this plan, when he was trying to buy his way into heaven at the end of his life.
    And while he was a SON OF A B____, he was a shrewd businessman son of a b.
    And he set it up, so that couldn't happen.

So, these companies looking into it, always changed their minds, they just wanted the fund.

So, the people hired after a certain date, I don't think their plan is as protected.
    It could be, but I doubt it.
    Managers today aren't a pimple on the butt of one of the old robber barons when they were talking $$$

Most likely, it would just continue.
    Steelworker benefits are pretty universal among the USW, only small variations.
    The biggest change was when the previous owner of the Clifton Cliff (some Indian guy) was trying to cut stuff. Even was trying to stop buying toilet paper and bathroom cleaner, saying the workers can bring their own.
    But even he had to make changes, or he'd have owned a steel mill with no workers making any steel.
    Everyone would have just went to another mill, since the mills are almost chronically short of people.

And the main reason why US Steel created a second fund, was so that they would stop adding workers to the Carnegie plan.
    After all, if workers kept dying over time, eventually they'd be down to a small amount of workers still being paid by it.
    Then, they could offer the workers a HUGE amount as a payoff. And then they'd get what was left.
    But until those workers are paid off, or dead... they can't get it.

And it's in the billions of $$

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Dogs riled up a ground nest of yellowjackets. We all got hit. Any tips for getting rid of it tonight because the dogs are stupid and will do it again.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Dogs riled up a ground nest of yellowjackets. We all got hit. Any tips for getting rid of it tonight because the dogs are stupid and will do it again.
    I just ordered some delta dust, can’t confirm for a few days as that’s when Amazon brings it, but I’m pretty sure it is the only stuff I used years ago that did the trick. Looks like Walmart carries it too though. Buddy told me the other day that ammonia down the hole (hole in the ground, no one needs to hold open their mouth or legs), with an ammonia soaked rags sucks out the oxygen?

Attachments

• IMG_0449.png
      IMG_0449.png
      957.7 KB · Views: 5

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Set list for the other time I saw Jethro Tull in Nov. 1989:

Very cool! Thanks for the website. Here’s the show I was at….

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jethro-tull/1992/riviera-theatre-chicago-il-53d3b791.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom