Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I don't even no where to start, but when I read this, I started twitching.
    Yeah, 25 windows open on things I am looking up and refer to until being done with a project or music I'm listening to and doesn't crash like other operating systems I've used with one or two open. Never got a virus unlike the others either. Maybe nobody bothers trying to hack Vista.
    25 windows..jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Only problem being it is getting less compatible with more websites.

Not THE problem. It is A problem.

Although it will become THE problem as newer stuff will not be compatible with that OS. It will definitely be THE problem if you click on the wrong thing or go to the wrong site. It's hard enough to keep safe with an OS that is actually being patched.

It is so important to keep your OS and your browsers up to date. Exploits start getting taken advantage of really quickly
    KLB is correct. As much as we would like to continue using old, familiar systems it is not a good idea.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    So insurance said the damage is below my deductible so there's nothing more to proceed with...

What if I get a contractor out there and he says the roof is toast?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So insurance said the damage is below my deductible so there's nothing more to proceed with...

What if I get a contractor out there and he says the roof is toast?
    Double check your deductible, because many home owners policies are now a percentage of the home's value. Do you have replacement coverage? If you do then their estimate may only be for the current value and if you actually replace the damaged stuff then they give you another check for the actual cost. My roof damage couldn't be repaired because the old shingles are no longer made, so they had to do the whole roof. To determine this they need to know exactly what is on your roof.

Did they give you an actual estimate of the damage? You need to get your own estimate.

The insurance company protects their interests, not yours. That is why you needed to do this.
    Use an public insurance adjuster to deal with the insurance company. They deal with the insurance company on your behalf and will get the best settlement for you.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Mine is $1500 deductible not the %.

They gave me an estimate and it's $40 shy of my deductible.

I believe im still having someone come and take a look.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Like what's a public insurance adjuster? Like do you Google just that?
    Overview:

If you have a roofing company in mind they probably work with a public adjuster they could recommend, ask them.

Edit: The difference is that the public adjuster works for you, not the insurance company.

Since they deal with insurance claims all the time they know what you are entitled to and will be more likely to make sure you get everything you are entitled to.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @CTC B4Z - get an estimate for the repair from a roofing company you trust and see how much they differ from the estimate the insurance company gave you. If it's a big difference definitely get a public adjuster to work for you.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, 25 windows open on things I am looking up and refer to until being done with a project or music I'm listening to and doesn't crash like other operating systems I've used with one or two open. Never got a virus unlike the others either. Maybe nobody bothers trying to hack Vista.
    View attachment 290991
    I use Chrome, and it crashes once I hit about 6-7 tabs open. I bought some more RAM and I'm going to try that. One day. I think I'm running Windows 11.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I would look at Brave, Firefox, or Vivaldi. Chrome and Edge are absolutely terrible for watching everything you do, on top of being bloated pigs for browsers.
    first thing I tried was vivaldi, main program I use at work (mitchell on demand) won't run on it. might try brave, anytime I've used FF it was a joke, but that's been ages, you IT guys saying it's decent gives me hope though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom