Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I didn’t know Firefox was still a thing honestly
    It has about 6% of users.

I think that might be low since there are numerous varieties for Linux and some who use it change the user agent so that the sites they visit don't try to shame them to use something else.

Who remembers Mosiac?

And before that:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Having to regularly deal with some users that still insist on using firefox because they have been brainwashed that it is the best - it really does suck. No as bad as sarfari, but close.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Having to regularly deal with some users that still insist on using firefox because they have been brainwashed that it is the best - it really does suck. No as bad as sarfari, but close.
    Sucks how? I regularly use three different browsers on a daily basis. Firefox is one of them. I don't see anything that sucks about it. Chrome and Edge are where sucking starts for a browser these days.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Gonna need to know how it sucks. It is by all counts a pretty good browser with some decent security. Firefox is used by a large amount of our user base.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Gonna need to know how it sucks. It is by all counts a pretty good browser with some decent security. Firefox is used by a large amount of our user base.
    He's saying my windows 7 is the problem.
    No, he's definitely referring to Firefox.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My entire IT dpt is a joke. I used to kid about them only having community college educations but then I learned they don't even have that...

We are running a 56 mil/yr company off of 1984 as400. I refuse to learn it, it's all keyboard controlled, F12 shift + 1 ********... It slows us down and makes us look embarrassing... We managed to go to 99% paperless with the "old" system, now we are printing paper more than ever before. Multiple screens are needed to copy info. It's a complete joke... IT is all boomers and when we were bought we were state of the art technology... They refuse to learn something new so we literally had to dumb down to their level... ****ing idiots.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I find firefox in general to be laggy and slow. That's my number one complaint. Every pc i've ran it on, side by side it takes twice as long as chrome to load pages. That's the only reason i need. That said, i run edge on my laptop for 90% of things because the touchscreen features are the bomb. Chrome for desktop an all work thingys. Firefox on the linux boxes mostly becuase i always forget i have chrome installed on them. Safari on ios - again because i forget about chrome and egde mostly.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My entire IT dpt is a joke. I used to kid about them only having community college educations but then I learned they don't even have that...

We are running a 56 mil/yr company off of 1984 as400. I refuse to learn it, it's all keyboard controlled, F12 shift + 1 ********... It slows us down and makes us look embarrassing... We managed to go to 99% paperless with the "old" system, now we are printing paper more than ever before. Multiple screens are needed to copy info. It's a complete joke... IT is all boomers and when we were bought we were state of the art technology... They refuse to learn something new so we literally had to dumb down to their level... ****ing idiots.
    You have as much idea of what a good system is as I do about how to fix a an engine.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He's saying my windows 7 is the problem.
    Not THE problem. It is A problem.

Although it will become THE problem as newer stuff will not be compatible with that OS. It will definitely be THE problem if you click on the wrong thing or go to the wrong site. It's hard enough to keep safe with an OS that is actually being patched.

It is so important to keep your OS and your browsers up to date. Exploits start getting taken advantage of really quickly

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I didn’t know Firefox was still a thing honestly. I remember windows 7 though, I think that was 2002??
    Firefox doesn't work on my windows Vista. Go ahead and laugh. Vista has been the best op system I've ever used and been using it for close to 18 years. Only problem being it is getting less compatible with more websites. Had XP and 7 before and it would be a miracle getting them to last 5 even with professional help. Have had a new computer sitting here but I'm too damn lazy to hook it up.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Firefox doesn't work on my windows Vista. Go ahead and laugh. Vista has been the best op system I've ever used and been using it for close to 18 years. Only problem being it is getting less compatible with more websites. Had XP and 7 before and it would be a miracle getting them to last 5 even with professional help. Have had a new computer sitting here but I'm too damn lazy to hook it up.
    I don't even no where to start, but when I read this, I started twitching.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom