Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Have another vote for the Brave browser here. Switched and never looked back and have been using it for several years. No problems with Windows 7,10, or 11 so far. Only issue was I couldn't complete my taxes with H&R Block's self-service and had to use Edge to finish, but that may have been an anomaly. I also like how it keeps my tabs even if I close the browser and shut off my computer. It also has a built-in ad blocker. I haven't seen a Youtube ad ever since I switched.

So far performance has been alright. My home computer has over 30 tabs open, but it also has 128 GBs of RAM with a Series X i9, so I may never see issues.

On a side note, I have heard that Edge is Microsoft's improved version of Chrome, because they used the source code from Chromium to build it (still not a fan of either, though).

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I'm ready for this pain to be over.
    It's been over 24 hours. What the heck?

insert more whines.

:drama:

:)
    Watch out for signs of infection. When I had mine out, I got a horrible post-op infection and it was so painful. My surgeon left for Italy and did not give me the name of whoever was covering for him, so I took care of it myself. Lots of gauze and povidone-iodine solution.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have not tried duck duck go, looks interesting.
    I told my son if I ever have 100 tabs open to just shoot me.
    I have 117 opened on my phone right now no issues. Didnt even know that was a thing for it to crash because of tabs

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    first thing I tried was vivaldi, main program I use at work (mitchell on demand) won't run on it. might try brave, anytime I've used FF it was a joke, but that's been ages, you IT guys saying it's decent gives me hope though.
    Work and personal use are different beasts. All three of the ones I mentioned will work to stop you from being tracked. That will break stuff. It also can slow things down a little. For work, you are probably best off just using Edge or Chrome

The reason I use so many different browsers is because websites and apps can work differently with them. There is no browser that is best for everything.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have 117 opened on my phone right now no issues. Didnt even know that was a thing for it to crash because of tabs
    Opening new tabs is the way I shop. I hate navigating away from the main page and then not being able to find my place, so I just right click on an item and open in new tab. After while I look at them one by one.
    That is impressive.
    Way too many tabs for me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You do realize that your are vulnerable to a crap ton of viruses, right?
    ONLY if you visit the web.
    But what if you just vist certain commercial website like Amazon.com, chase.com, Gmail.

Then does it really matter as one is not venturing out to the rest of the www.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thems baby aspirin. That’s why it still hurts

Well, if it was combined with my Naproxen, it would work a lot better.
    But apparently, they don't want that.
    Course, I'm not supposed to take the naproxen anymore, since it's bad for the stomach. And I've had bad ulcers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom