• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, you can tell people about the deal.

No, you cannot organize a bulk purchase with multiple buyers through the INGO fourm, as we will no longer have a Group Buy forum. You can, however, organize it anywhere else you'd like.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was saying.

Thanks for the rep.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Remember that even in a dictatorship that a King needs servants, peasants, lords, ladies, knights, bishops, and wizards. (shameless plug for renaissance fair this weekend in fishers)

Those banner adds make cash, 10K users bring in banner adds. Happy users turn 1000 users into 10,000 users into 15,000 users and more people click on the banner adds and more money comes in.

I remember my rock days and the mailing list. mailing list brought in heads to see the shows, heads at shows made owners happy and got more gigs, More gigs brought more people to the mailing list. enough people on a mailing list and albums were pre ordered enough to make sure we did not lose money on a first pressing. Ect. Poor shows unhappy heads and no gigs no album preorders.

Make whatever music you want on the sight but make sure it is what the crowd wants to pay to hear.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    INGO defiantly takes a different approach to moderating the forum than I am used to elsewhere. It seems to me that they are quicker to close threads and place across the board limits, rather than dealing with offending individuals as much. I haven't completely decided if I think this is a good or bad thing. I do think this means the mods are able to spend less time on dealing with each issue that comes up, which I'm guessing is pretty important as this is, without a doubt, the busiest forum I have ever been a regular part of.
    The bottom line is the owner of any endeavor is going to use their best judgment on how to run things

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes, you can tell people about the deal.

No, you cannot organize a bulk purchase with multiple buyers through the INGO fourm, as we will no longer have a Group Buy forum. You can, however, organize it anywhere else you'd like.

So I can tell them about the deal but I can't ask if anyone wants to go in on the deal. That's kinda silly. :n00b:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So I can tell them about the deal but I can't ask if anyone wants to go in on the deal. That's kinda silly. :n00b:
    Suggestion, tell them about the deal and tell them to email you if they would like more info or to participate. Perhaps ES can advise if that would be satisfactory.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Someone goes to an open carry event and gets arrested by some enthusiastic young officer, they may try to sue INGO. :D

I know you're joking, but you're not too far from the mark. INGO gets a lot of .gov attention. We are very aware of that fact.

Make whatever music you want on the sight but make sure it is what the crowd wants to pay to hear.

So how does the INGO crowd "pay"? By logging in and clicking on the ads? Then we're right back to my original point. :D;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

You can tell them about a deal you found on ammo (people currently do that all the time). But, if getting a lower price requires a bulk purchase and multiple buyers, then you'll have to organize it elsewhere.

Suggestion, tell them about the deal and tell them to email you if they would like more info or to participate. Perhaps ES can advise if that would be satisfactory.

Anyone is free to organize a group buy on their own, whether that be via email, another website, or snail mail. INGO is just shutting down the Group Buy forum, and the ability for folks to host them here.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm curious what you mean by this. Has the Gov. said anything?

Yes.

When we (Mods/Admin) make a decision, people need to keep in mind that there are factors at play that may not be completely obvious. We take all these factors into consideration and make a decision, realizing that we can't make all people happy all the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom