• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Esrice, you would wrong to think no one gets tired to the management and leaves.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Sometimes entirely new websites are built because of it. And that's cool. I admire someone who takes it upon themselves to build what they see as a better mousetrap.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Oh I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Sometimes entirely new websites are built because of it. And that's cool. I admire someone who takes it upon themselves to build what they see as a better mousetrap.
    :scratch:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    And then they come crawling back... :):

No...seriously though. I don't know if this was the reasoning for doing away with group buys or not. Say someone sinks a butt-load of money into a buy. They get shafted and lose said butt-load of money. What is to stop them from suing INGO to attempt to recoup said butt-load?

There's always lots of talk on here about suing someone for this...or suing someone for that... (I don't know why people don't get jobs and work to earn money rather than suing people to put their kids through college...but that's just me) Sooner or later...when someone gets pissed off enough after losing a butt-load...that's what will happen. And INGO will be named in the law suit.

Now whether or not INGO is found liable...it's going to cost Fenway bucks for an attorney. Those guys do nothing for free.

Waiver? Pronounced worthless piece of paper.

That's just my take on it. I may be way off base. Maybe Fenway and the mods just got tired of all the PM's insisting they do something about some guy that took their butt-load of money. :dunno:

But I don't have a dog in the fight...so it matters not to me.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So I just want to get this straight. I can't go into, say, the ammunition section and tell people I found a great deal on x39mm and we could get an even better deal if we order 10K rounds instead of by the case and ask that some people go in on the deal with me?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

I think he is saying he is glad to see people see something they don't agree with and instead of colpaining start their own site......

I know someone that did this on a race site because he did not like what was going on and he now has the most recognizable drag race site and well known races now put decals with the site name on their race cars...... it is the dominate drag site bar none...... with tons of big name racers on it. He was also against sponsors because he saw that they were allowed to get away with a lot...... His site has sponsors but they are non paying.... it is a every man for yourself additude and if you get scamed then all well...... now if you press charges then the site owner will do everything he can to help the investigators like providing IP addresses and stuff.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I think he is saying he is glad to see people see something they don't agree with and instead of colpaining start their own site......

I know someone that did this on a race site because he did not like what was going on and he now has the most recognizable drag race site and well known races now put decals with the site name on their race cars...... it is the dominate drag site bar none...... with tons of big name racers on it. He was also against sponsors because he saw that they were allowed to get away with a lot...... His site has sponsors but they are non paying.... it is a every man for yourself additude and if you get scamed then all well...... now if you press charges then the site owner will do everything he can to help the investigators like providing IP addresses and stuff.
    I know what he was saying...and that's a cool story you added.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So I just want to get this straight. I can't go into, say, the ammunition section and tell people I found a great deal on x39mm and we could get an even better deal if we order 10K rounds instead of by the case and ask that some people go in on the deal with me?

Yes, you can tell people about the deal.

No, you cannot organize a bulk purchase with multiple buyers through the INGO fourm, as we will no longer have a Group Buy forum. You can, however, organize it anywhere else you'd like.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was saying.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I think maybe we could find an approach to group buys that would be more reliable and safe. I have not yet participated in an INGO group buy, but i do quite a few of them with my local survival group and it really can save people a good deal of money.

Is there a possibility we could make a group buy forum where people can at least talk about organizing a group buy, and not do it formally through the site?

Or maybe we can take it the other way, have more control and only have group buys that are approved by a mod?

Either way, i would like to think we can find a way to put the safety of our members first, and still be able to share good deals with each other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom